I stumbled across a great way to get tons of free groceries at Albertsons. It takes a little work, but I think it’s worth it.
Before I explain the deal, let me tell you my philosophy on getting deals. Oftentimes getting free stuff takes work. I will work for free stuff up to a certain point. I figure my time is worth about $20 an hour. I don’t know how I arrived at that figure, but it sounds good. If I can make more than $20 an hour, in cash or goods, and I can stay sane doing it, I will work for a deal. Example of a deal that would drive me insane: driving to three Walgreens in one morning for free stuff. That would equal 24 car seat buckles–can you hear me screaming? You get the picture.
Open a new checking account at the Albertsons’ US Bank until November 30 and receive $75 in free groceries. Here are the details:
- Good only for new customer accounts
- You must deposit $100 into the account when you open it
- Wait for the US Bank Visa Check Card (debit) to arrive in the mail
- Use the debit card at Albertsons to buy groceries
- Bring the receipt(s), totaling up to $75, back to the Albertsons’ US Bank in-store branch
- Your account will be credited the $75, or however much you spent up to $75
- Groceries must be purchased within 30 days of opening the account
This is the amount of time I anticipate this deal taking me:
- 45 minutes to open the account at the in-store branch including driving
- 2 minutes to open the envelope with my new debit card and put it into my wallet
- 40 minutes to bring my receipts into the branch and have my account credited including driving
Total time spent: approximately 1.5 hours. Amount earned: $50/hour
I have not included the time it takes to shop for the groceries, since I do that anyway. And honestly, I don’t plan to make a separate trip to submit my receipts. I will probably do it at the end of my shopping trip. My hourly wage just increased!
For me, this deal is totally worth it. I am going to Albertsons tomorrow and opening my account. I spoke with a teller last week and confirmed the details of this deal. I also read a thread on Hot Coupon World and apparently other in-store US Banks are running this deal. Hurry, you only have until Monday!
This post may contain affiliate links. See the disclosure policy for more information.