I can only have so many “movie days” before I start feeling like a sloth, so here are the tasks we’ve been accomplishing over the past two snow days:
- washed and put away every piece of clothing in the house, even the pile of “I’m planning to sell/donate/burn” clothes
- took apart & fixed our 2 vacuums (ok, Will did this one)
- cleaned the TV room carpeting
- picked up the house–and that’s a feat
Here’s my plan for today:
- force my children to play in the snow, which they have absolutely no interest in doing
- clean the living room carpet–I’ll post before & after pics to demonstrate just how nasty this carpet is
- fill in all our January activities on our family calendar
- menu-plan January dinners
A note on January in the Davis home: Will coaches junior high basketball and I coach high school cheerleading, so our January is historically crazy with tons of games and practices. I’m looking forward to having an plan of what food to buy and cook during the insanity. I am also grateful that I have enough food and shampoo in my stockpile so I don’t have to shop hardly at all for the next 5-6 weeks.
So, I know those of you in Portland are bored out of your minds. What’s on your to-do list today?
This post may contain affiliate links. See the disclosure policy for more information.