Amazon made a fairly significant change to it’s shipping program today — your order must now be $35 or more to get FREE Super Saver Shipping (increased from $25). It’s certainly not the end of the world, but I know how difficult it can be to come up with an order above $35 to get the free shipping.
I think this change now makes Amazon Prime even that much more attractive. With Amazon Prime, you’ll get:
- Unlimited FREE Two-Day Shipping on millions of items
- Unlimited instant streaming of thousands of movies and TV shows with Prime Instant Video
- A Kindle book to borrow for free each month from the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library
As a Prime member, you’ll also be qualified for the Amazon Mom program, which gets you:
- 20% off diapers and wipes subscriptions
- 20% off other family essentials with Subscribe & Save when 5 or more items arrive on your monthly delivery day
Amazon Prime is $79 per year, but Amazon is offering a FREE 30-day Amazon Prime trial right now so you can try it out. Last December my husband and I canceled our Costco membership and have been using Amazon Prime exclusively for diapers and wipes (the main reason we went to Costco). I love the quick shipping and that I don’t need to leave the house. I’m planning to move to buying more household items through Amazon as well — thinks like toilet paper and cleaning products.
I’d love to hear what you all use your Amazon Prime membership for and how it saves you time and money in the comments!
This post may contain affiliate links. See the disclosure policy for more information.