I’m officially turning into my mother and have designated Saturday mornings as “time to clean like a ferocious beast.” Oh, the sweet memories of 2-3 hours of non-stop scrubbing, vacuuming, washing on every Saturday morning. I did not enjoy it as a child, but I can certainly appreciate the strategy as an adult. Set aside a couple of hours while everyone is trapped, including Daddy, and just get all the cleaning taken care of.
Here’s Matthew (2.5 years) helping with the laundry:
This was during a brief Dora marathon intermission.
I finally convinced myself to tackle the bathroom toilet and try to figure out if I could solve the “why does it still smell like urine 30 seconds after I cleaned it?” problem. This problem has just recently emerged when my two older boys started doin’ their business standing up. So I know the cause, I just can’t figure out the solution.
I scrubbed every crack and crevice of that porcelain throne and the surrounding surface areas this morning and it still smells like pee. What am I doing wrong? Please help!
Here’s a short list of posts that I have enjoyed around the internet during the past week.
- Happy I.E.P. Day! | Five Kids Is A Lot of Kids
- Marriage is for losers | Untangled
- 8 Days of Easter Advent for Families | Motherhood Your Way
- Save money by scheduling monthly preventative maintenance | Money Saving Mom
- 5 reasons why you should take a nap every day | MichaelHyatt.com