Best Board Games for Kids
Here are the best board games for kids in elementary school ages 6-12:
1. Catan: Junior — We love this game and have had so much fun playing. I highly recommend.
2. Qwirkle Board Game — A fun mind game when you match the colors and shapes. Fun for the entire family.
3. Melissa & Doug Suspend — An exciting balance game for kids that can be played with up to 4 players or alone.
4. Set: The Family Game of Visual Perception — If you have kids that like to look for patterns this is one of the best. Easy to learn and tons of replay value.
5. Spot It — Perfect for at home or travel. Develops focus, visual perception skills, speech-language skills, and fine motor skills.
6. SKIP BO Card Game — A classic card game that is fun for the whole family.
7. Ticket To Ride — Build train routes and travel around the country. Over 225 colored train cars.
8. Rummikub — Perfect game for kids learning numbers and game strategy.
9. Sleeping Queens — Great game to help kids learn math and an instant favorite.
10. The Game of Life — This game is almost as painfully long as Monopoly for adults, but it’s great to teach math, counting money, debt, and investing. There is a Life Junior that is fun, but definitely a VERY scaled down version of the original.
12. Sorry! — Great game for younger school-aged kids. Teaches counting and basic strategy. Bonus that it’s over in about 20 minutes.
13. Clue — Our 9 year old son just started playing this with his friends and is LOVING it. Super fun to collect clues and do some problem-solving along the way.
Looking for more ideas? Check out our other Gift Guides.
This post may contain affiliate links. See the disclosure policy for more information.