Best Board Games for Kids
Here are the best board games for kids in elementary school ages 6-12:
1. Catan: Junior — We love this game and have had so much fun playing. I highly recommend.
2. Qwirkle Board Game — A fun mind game when you match the colors and shapes. Fun for the entire family.
3. Melissa & Doug Suspend — An exciting balance game for kids that can be played with up to 4 players or alone.
4. Set: The Family Game of Visual Perception — If you have kids that like to look for patterns this is one of the best. Easy to learn and tons of replay value.
5. Spot It — Perfect for at home or travel. Develops focus, visual perception skills, speech-language skills, and fine motor skills.
6. SKIP BO Card Game — A classic card game that is fun for the whole family.
7. Ticket To Ride — Build train routes and travel around the country. Over 225 colored train cars.
8. Rummikub — Perfect game for kids learning numbers and game strategy.
9. Sleeping Queens — Great game to help kids learn math and an instant favorite.
10. Life — This game is almost as painfully long as Monopoly for adults, but it’s great to teach math, counting money, debt, and investing.
12. Sorry! — Great game for younger school-aged kids. Teaches counting and basic strategy. Bonus that it’s over in about 20 minutes.
Make sure you also check out our awesome list of the best family board games here.
Looking for more ideas? Check out our other Gift Guides.
This post may contain affiliate links. See the disclosure policy for more information.