Best Family Board Games (Updated for 2017)
Here’s a list of (maybe) new-to-you games that your family will love. Something for every age and personality!
1. Blokus — Fun strategy game for the whole family! Easy to learn.
3. Telestrations — Like playing Telephone — only with markers! One player sketches, the others try to guess what it is, then draw something based on it.
4. Taboo — Such a fun classic game that can be played as a family OR for game night with friends. Adaptable for all ages and fast-paced!
5. Word On The Street – The Hilarious Tug Of Words — Great for Scrabble lovers. Teams use tiles to spell words that fit categories (types of cheese, for example). The challenge? The other guys can steal your letters.
6. Qwirkle CubesBoard Game — Similar to the original Qwirkle game, great for kids and adults alike!
9. Beat The Parents Family Challenge Board Game — Brings kids together with their parents to go head to head in the fun filled family trivia game.
10. Bananagrams — This game is great for travel or home. SO much fun and can be adapted for any age!
12. Ticket To Ride — This game makes several top 10 family game lists. One reviewer says, “Highly popular game everyone should own. Possibly the best general family game for all ages and “must have.” Light strategy game is easy to learn and does not take long to play (45 minutes). Fun for adults and kids of all ages (except the very young).”
13. Exploding Kittens — AMAZING reviews and well-loved by Frugal Living NW and their families! For 2-5 players.
15. Quiddler — Recommended for ages 8+ and up to 8 players! Gets FANTASTIC reviews.
Looking for more games for different ages?
Find more Gift Guides here.
This post may contain affiliate links. See the disclosure policy for more information.