Best Family Board Games
Here’s a list of new-to-us games (and maybe new-to-you) that your family will love:
1. Run Wild – The Wild Race of Sets and Runs — If your family loves Uno, this is the next game you should try. A fun and easy game to learn.
3. Telestrations — Like playing Telephone — only with markers! One player sketches, the others try to guess what it is, then draw something based on it.
4. Sort it Out Jr. — Instead of you-know-it-or-you-don’t questions, players sort things according to time, weight, speed, and so on. Think Trivial Pursuit.
5. Shake Up Game — If you like Sorry, you’ll love this one. The key to winning this game is dropping colored pieces into the holes designated as safe zones. How far you’re able to go depends upon the numbers you roll.
6. Word On The Street – The Hilarious Tug Of Words — Great for Scrabble lovers. Teams use tiles to spell words that fit categories (types of cheese, for example). The challenge? The other guys can steal your letters. There is also a junior version.
10. Beat The Parents Board Game — Brings kids together with their parents to go head to head in the fun filled family trivia game.
11. Bananagrams — This game is great for travel or home.
13. Ticket To Ride — This game makes several top 10 family game lists. One reviewer says, “Highly popular game everyone should own. Possibly the best general family game for all ages and “must have.” Light strategy game is easy to learn and does not take long to play (45 minutes). Fun for adults and kids of all ages (except the very young).”
14. Scrabble Electronic Catchphrase Game — A fun twist on combining Scrabble & Catch Phrase.
15. Jenga Boom — Jenga is fun anyway but when you add the ‘boom’ factor it gets a little tricky.
Find more Gift Guides here.
This post may contain affiliate links. See the disclosure policy for more information.