The purpose of these workshops is to help you take all those worksheets we gave you at the Budgeting Class and turn them into a cash flow plan that will work for December (or January). In order to participate in a workshop, you must do the following work before you show up at your workshop:
Most importantly, both adults in your family MUST attend the workshop and be 100% on board with the process and committed to living on a cash flow plan for a minimum of 90 days (3 cycles).
You must have the following worksheets completed:
- Components of a Healthy Financial Plan Worksheet — figure out what you need to do to complete your financial plan picture
- Debt Snowball Worksheet — this is CRITICAL. Do not show up to the workshop without having this accurately completed.
- Spending Priorities Worksheet — it’s really important that both partners are in agreement with what budget items are most important. Please have the conversation in private so we don’t have to have an awkward conversation at the workshop!
- Income Sources Worksheet — know how much money you will make in December (or how much you made in November so you know how much to spend in December).
- Sinking Savings Worksheet — again, this one is CRITICAL! We don’t want any budget items left blank in your cash flow plan because you don’t know how much an item costs. That will be a big waste of all of our time.
- Monthly Cash Flow Plan Worksheet — please, please, please have all your fixed costs already filled in (housing, utilities, most transportation, medical/health).
Our goal at your workshop is to complete your December or January cash flow plan and have it balance (equal ZERO). We will start the workshop with a few reminders and tips, then we will have an extended time for you to actually complete your cash flow plan.
Will and Angela will “work the room” answering questions, troubleshooting and coaching you through the process. While there will be other people there also working on their budgets, it will be a private experience and you will not be sharing your personal information with other couples. Please understand, though, that in order for us to actually help you, we will probably have to look at your budget. We promise not to judge you. But we do reserve the right to give you suggestions and challenge you to think “outside the box.”
Please make sure both of you have eaten, are somewhat rested and are being nice to each other. This will avoid some needless arguments. We’re totally fine with the fruitful arguments/discussions, but let’s eliminate the ones that happen because one of you is hungry or grumpy.
What to bring:
- A beverage and a snack if you think you’ll get hungry
- Sharpened pencils and an eraser OR your laptop (we probably won’t have internet access, so please have all info you need already on your computer). We will bring a flash drive with our personal cash flow plan and sinking savings plan on Excel if you’d like to use the same format as we do.
- All the completed worksheets
- A calculator
You absolutely must register for a workshop (only one) in order to attend. We are limiting each session to five couples/singles. All workshops will be at Damascus Community Church in the Library. Please click the button to reserve your family’s spot.
These workshops are available for people who attended the Budgeting Class on November 4th ONLY.