I received an email yesterday from Amazon stating upcoming changes to the Amazon Mom program. Here are the changes:
:: Starting on January 24, 2012, the maximum discount available on diapers and wipes subscriptions will be 20%. This includes a 5% Subscribe & Save discount plus an additional 15% exclusively for Amazon Mom members who are earning free shipping benefits or have an active Amazon Prime membership.
:: Customers who join Amazon Mom in 2012 will get three months of FREE Two-Day Shipping benefits. Once the initial free period is over, customers can join Amazon Prime (for $79/year) to continue to receive full access to Amazon Mom and Amazon Prime benefits.
So what are the Amazon Prime benefits at $79/year?
- 20% off diapers and wipes subscriptions with Amazon Mom and Subscribe & Save.
- FREE Two-Day Shipping on millions of items.
- Unlimited instant streaming of thousands of videos with a wide range of content for the whole family, including Sesame Street and Phineas and Ferb.
- A Kindle book to borrow for free each month from the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library.
- Membership sharing benefits: invite up to four household members to share your shipping benefits for free.
I don’t know if it’s worth it to pay for the membership just to get diapers on a discount. What do you think? Is it worth it to you to pay for Prime?
You can also voice your concerns on Amazon’s announcement on their Facebook page.
This post may contain affiliate links. See the disclosure policy for more information.