Apparently Amazon got wind that Costco was having a sale tomorrow. This dropped to it’s now lowest price of $119.99!! If you don’t have a Costco membership pick this up through Amazon. Or if you don’t want to hassle with parking and those gigantic carts. Oh, but those $1.50 sausage dogs get me every time.
Amazon has the FoodSaver 4840 2-in-1 Vacuum Sealing System with Bonus Built-in Retractable Handheld Sealer, Starter Kit, Heat-Seal and Zipper Bags for
$149.99 $119.99 shipped right now (reg. $229 and currently $199 at Macy’s). This is the lowest price this has ever been. If you buy large amounts of produce or meat this is a fantastic way to preserve it.
- Starter Kit includes: (1) 11″x10′ Roll, (3) Qt Heat-Seal Bags, (2) Gal Heat-Seal Bags, (3) Qt Zipper Bags, (2) Gal Zipper Bags
- Built-in retractable handheld sealer seals zipper bags, canisters, containers and marinates food in minutes
- Moist/Dry food settings for optimal sealing
- Convenient roll storage and bag cutter
- Pull-out drip tray drawer with patented, removable, dishwasher-safe drip tray
Karen left this feedback on the comments:
Hoping to help you out….
Costco is selling the 4880 model at $119 plus 9.99 shipping
FLNW link takes you to amazon model 4840. If you want the $119 price you will have to get a white model #FSFSSL4440-000. It includes free shipping. If you keep this on your counter top and have stainless steel appliances, the color difference might be important to you.
I’m still going to research the 4840 VS 4880 model difference. I think the Amazon one might not include the wine stopper feature, but I’m not sure. This is a money saving feature for me as I don’t drink white wine, but cook with it. Being able to remove the air from the bottle will make it last much longer.
Both offers at $119 are while supplies last, so do your research quickly. Find the best model and price for you.
If you are contemplating your first Foodsaver purchase, all I can say is JUST DO IT. I’m a fan of many years. You will recoup the purchase price over and over in food cost savings. Besides just buying in bulk and freezing or storing there are many ways to use it. Here’s some of mine:
* Dry and freeze all my garden herbs.
* Turn all my tomatoes into sauce
* Pre-make microwave or “boil in bag” meals and sides.
* I even Foodsaver my holiday silver items. Anything small enough to fit in a bag and without sharp edges that would puncture. This keeps silver tarnish free for the next year. Score!
More ways to save at Amazon:
This post may contain affiliate links. See the disclosure policy for more information.