There is a new smartphone app available that gives you cash back on select items you purchase at participating retailers. Ibotta is easy to download and use. Here are some of the details:
What is Ibotta?
Ibotta is currently available to use on the following devices:
- iPhone 3GS and newer
- iPod Touch 4th Generation and newer
- iPad 2 & iPad 3
- Coming soon to Android
Here’s how to get started:
- Sign up for an Ibotta account]t here (takes about 30 seconds)
- Download the app on your device
- Scroll through the app and “learn” about products by reading a fact, taking a poll, or watching a video. Each time you do, you will get an amount toward that product available to redeem. This took me about 20 seconds per item. It’s faster than printing a coupon.
- Once you purchase the items, hit “redeem” on the bottom right corner of the app, click the store you purchased the item at and take a picture of your receipt.
- Once you accumulate $5 or more in your account, you can get paid through your PayPal account.
For a limited time, you will instantly get $5 on your Ibotta account when you successfully redeem your first Ibotta product offer.
Here’s an example that is available at Safeway right now:
Kool-Aid Jammers on sale $1.50
Buy 1, Redeem $1.75 Ibotta app credit
FREE plus $.25 overage after Ibotta app credit
We’re just figuring out how to use Ibotta ourselves and hope to continue to share the deals you can get by using it!
This post may contain affiliate links. See the disclosure policy for more information.