If you’re looking to save money on meat, today’s your lucky day! GoDirect Foods, a Pacific Northwest direct-to-consumer company, is having a smokin’ deal on boneless, skinless chicken breast — just $1.49 per pound. That is a full 40¢ less a pound than my “buy” price for chicken breast.
Here’s how GoDirect Foods works: You place your order of chicken or other meat before October 7, 2015 and then pick your box of meat up October 19-22 (there are pick-up locations in several cities in Oregon and Washington). When you get home, you either make a bunch of meals to stick in the freezer or break the meat up into meal-sized portions and freeze.
I’ve been purchasing my meat in bulk for years and I absolutely love the price and the freedom to package meat into portions that fit my unique family needs.
Here are a handful of the products offered this month with GoDirect Foods:
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (40 lb case, fresh) — $1.49/lb
- Chicken Breast Tenderloin Fritters (20 lb case, fully-cooked, frozen) — $1.99/lb
- Organic Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (40 lb case, frozen) — $6.79/lb
- All Beef Premium Steak Dogs (10 lb case, frozen) — $3.89/lb
- 80/20 Ground Beef (20, 1 lb tubes, frozen) — $2.89/lb
- Mild Shredded Cheddar Cheese (4, 5 lb bags, fresh) — $2.59/lb
Most of these prices are comparable or less than Costco.
GoDirect Foods has four delivery locations available for this month’s sale:
- Portland, OR (SE Portland)
- Lynnwood, WA
- Puyallup, WA
- Spokane Valley, WA
This post may contain affiliate links. See the disclosure policy for more information.