As many of you know, back in February I switched blogging platforms from Blogger to self-hosted WordPress. Actually, I paid a designer to switch the site to WordPress. It’s been a long process, but I think I’m close to finalizing how this site is going to work. First off, a big thank you to the more seasoned readers who have patiently transitioned with us. I appreciate you sticking around while I messed with stuff.
Second, I think everything is in it’s place, so let me be your tour guide and show you around the place.
Look to your right. This is the sidebar.
- Under the welcome are a few buttons. These are advertisements. When you click on these Frugal Living NW receives a tiny kickback when either you print a coupon or buy a restaurant gift certificate. So, please do use these links. My husband would so appreciate it.
- “Search Frugal Living NW”: Looking for something in particular? Use this box to search the site just as you would Google or Swagbucks.
- “New to FLNW?”: These are links to the most popular resources and posts.
- “Frugal Deals and Frugal Steals”: Click on this box for a list of categories. Looking for a Safeway post? Click on Safeway and all the posts that have to do with Safeway will appear.
- “Recent Posts”: Just links to the most recent posts. Not sure if this will stay.
- “Blog Frog Community”: Share your deals and frugal finds with other readers. I’m just loving the conversations happening over there.
- “Upcoming Classes”: A short list of scheduled Coupon Express classes. Get more specifics from the link in the navigation bar at the top.
- Coupons.com: Again, use this link to print your coupons and support FLNW.
- “Upcoming Consignment Sales”: A list of children’s consignment events coming this spring in the Pacific Northwest.
- “Grab the Button”: Spread the word! Put the button up on your blog and help your readers save big too! If you don’t know how to add a button to your blog’s sidebar, email me and I can walk you through it.
Social media buttons: Look up and to the right. This is the way to stay up to date with FLNW. Just click on one of the buttons:
- Twitter: I’m not tweeting much, but will probably start amping up soon. If you’re on Twitter, be sure to follow FLNW!
- Facebook: My, oh,, my. You really should check out what’s happening on our Fan Page. Facebook Kate posts great links, deals and ideas that we just don’t have time to post over here on the blog.
- RSS: If you use a feed reader, use this link to add FLNW to your list of must-read blogs.
- Email: Get a daily digest of posts sent to your email box.
Let’s move to the navigation bar: Look right under our logo. There is a bar with a bunch of links. Most are self-explanatory, but here are the links that will help you navigate better:
- “Advertise/PR”: Go here to learn more about supporting FLNW by advertising your business.
- “Coupons”: You will find a list of printable coupon sites (Coupons.com, Red Plum, etc.) and eCoupons sites (Cellfire, Shortcuts, etc.)
- “FAQ’s”: Have a question? Start by reading these frequently asked questions.
- “Coupon Classes”: A list of upcoming Coupon Express classes. All classes listed are open to the public and free with a donation of non-perishable food or household items.
- “Resources”: This is the one you’ve been looking for. This page contains a list of links that will take you directly to each store’s weekly deals. Click on the logo and start saving.
I think that covers it. Click around and familiarize yourself with the new features. Happy Saving!
This post may contain affiliate links. See the disclosure policy for more information.