Many of you avid blog-readers or heavy duty internet shoppers have probably already heard of Ebates — a kind of a front door for 1000’s of online stores, including Walmart, Target, and Snapfish. You just walk in and start shopping. The participating stores give Ebates a commission which they share with you — anywhere between 1% and 26%+ cash back. There’s no downside to using Ebates — you only benefit. I’ve been using Ebates for about eight months and even with my very limited internet shopping, I’ve been able to make some money.
As an added bonus, when you sign up and complete a transaction, you will earn an additional $5. There’s a great little deal running at JC Penney right now that makes signing up with Ebates even more fun (and profitable). Here are the directions:
- Sign up for a new account with Ebates
- Search and select JC Penney
- Search for something on the JC Penney’s website which is a little over $10 and add it to your cart
- Checkout with promo code GR8DAD to get $10 off your order
- Checkout paying only for shipping and tax if you’re outside of Oregon — around $5
- You will receive your $5 sign-up bonus plus 4% cash back from your JC Penney order from Ebates (note that you need to earn $5.01+ from actual online purchases to receive a payout and your referral bonus)
After the JC Penney promo code, Ebates sign-up bonus and Ebates cash back, you will get your purchase for pretty close to free!
In addition, you earn a $5 referral bonus every time a new member registers with Ebates through your referral link. To sweeten the pot, Ebates will double your referral bonus to $10 each for every three people you refer who earn a minimum of $5.01 in cash back from orders between May 15,2009 and August 14, 2009. Just pass along the great JC Penney deal and you and your friends are on their way to some free money!
Click here to get started!
Thanks to Money Saving Mom for outlining the JC Penney scenario.
This post may contain affiliate links. See the disclosure policy for more information.