Nintendo Switch Deals
The one question I’ve received the most as we lead up to Christmas 2017 is “WHERE CAN I FIND A NINTENDO SWITCH DEAL?”
The short answer? You can’t.
Well, that’s not entirely true. But most likely, we will not see any conventional sales on the Switch.
Why? Because Nintendo usually sets the price on their hardware and this the Switch’s first Chrismas which guarantees that they won’t allow discounting. (Same goes for the Nintendo 3DS and 2DS XL.)
So you the lowest price you’ll see on the Nintendo Switch in 2017 is $299. Period.
Don’t fret. You can still save money when you buy a Switch.
But first, this is my most important piece of advice when it comes to the Switch:
Buy the Switch as quickly as you can.
I predict they will be completely sold out (or only available at a ridiculously inflated price on Amazon, eBay, or craigslist) by mid-December, especially the consoles with the Neon Blue and Red Joy controllers.
Now, on to the savings tips!
Here’s how you can (potentially) pay less than $299 for the Nintendo Switch:
AMAZING DEAL if you have access to the Military Exchange — Get $50 off your $250+ purchase when you use the code BNCEBACK21 at checkout. This will make the Nintendo Switch just $239!
1. Buy the Nintendo Switch at Fred Meyer during their Friends & Family promotion that typically happens a week or two after Thanksgiving if you’re in the Northwest.
UPDATE: Nintendo Hardware is the ONE exemption to the Friends & Family Pass. BOO! This won’t work.
3. Buy the Nintendo Switch at Costco or Costco.com and use your Executive Membership. You’ll get a 2% rebate on the $299 purchase, making the console $293.02.
4. Buy the Nintendo Switch at Fred Meyer and use your Fred Meyer Rewards Card. You’ll get the quarterly Rewards rebate. Kind of lame on it’s own, but better than nothing.
5. Buy the Nintendo Switch during a store promotion when you need to hit a purchase threshold to get a free product, an amount off your total, or some other perk. You won’t save money on the Switch, but you will easily meet the promotion’s requirements with the Switch purchase.
6. Buy the Nintendo Switch in a bundle. You should get the additional items at a moderate discount. This is a good strategy if you were planning to purchase the included game or controller or case anyway.
Game Stop has a number of Nintendo Switch Bundles, but they are $359.99 which is the same price as purchasing the console + game separately.
Here’s the Game Stop Black Friday ad scan — I’m seeing NO SWITCH DEALS at all during Black Friday.
This bundle includes a carrying case with 8-game card slots and a screen protector.
Nintendo Switch 6 Piece Bundle at Amazon — $359.85
This bundles includes an AmazonBasics Car Charger, AmazonBasics Carrying Case, AmazonBasics Grip Kit, AmazonBasics Playstand, and AmazonBasics 24 Game Storage Case
Want to know how you CAN save a bunch of money? Buy Switch games and accessories when they go on sale!
Nintendo doesn’t hold the price on games so you should be able to get some good discounts in that department.
Several stores have a handful of Switch games on sale during Black Friday, including:
Amazon will definitely put Nintendo Switch games and accessories on their Deal of the Day sales at some point during the Christmas season. Target and Walmart should follow suit.
Also, you should be able to use a Fred Meyer Savings Certificate to save on games and accessories. It’s typically $10 off $50 purchase, $20 off $100 purchase, $30 off $150 purchase. They should release the certificates 3-4 times between mid-November and Christmas Eve.
Make sure you’ve joined our FREE Christmas Deals Facebook group HERE so you don’t miss a single Nintendo Switch deal!
You like the Black Friday deals? Here are some more ads for you to check out!
- Kohl’s Black Friday Ad
- Game Stop Black Friday Ad
- Walmart Black Friday Ad
- Target Black Friday Ad
- Macy’s Black Friday Ad
- Costco Black Friday Ad
- Best Buy Black Friday Ad
- JCPenney Black Friday Ad
- Sears Black Friday Ad
- Staples Black Friday Ad
- Kmart Black Friday Ad
- True Value Black Friday Ad
- Ace Hardware Black Friday Ad
- Harbor Freight Black Friday Ad
- Rite Aid Black Friday Ad
- Dell Black Friday Ad
Find even more Black Friday ads here!
This post may contain affiliate links. See the disclosure policy for more information.