This is a great deal if you’re looking to get organic groceries for a great price — delivered right to your door! Today only, you can get $50 worth of groceries delivered to your home by spud! for just $25 through Groupon, a site that offers daily, local deals at unbeatable prices.
I’ve been checking out Groupon for quite a while now and feel like now is the time to jump in! Here’s how it works: Each day, Groupon offers a great deal from a local business, usually a discounted gift certificate, credit or service. By promising businesses a minimum number of customers, they get discounts you won’t find anywhere else. Simple enough.
Portland Groupon is offering $50 worth of spud! organic delivery for just $25. spud! is a company that delivers largely local and organic groceries right to your door. You get to pick exactly what is delievered and most locations in the Portland Metro, Vancouver, Salem and Puget Sound area (south of Olympia north to Everett) get free delivery. Here are some specifics about your $50 credit:
- Only Portland Groupon is offering the $50 for $25 deal, but you can use it anywhere spud! delivers, including the Puget Sound, San Francisco & Los Angeles.
- Only one Groupon $50 credit per account, though you can buy more than one and give it to a friend.
- This offer is available to both new and existing customers.
- The $50 can be used on multiple orders — you don’t have to use it all at once.
- No minimum order, but there may be a delivery fee attached to orders less than $33 — looks like different areas have different minimum thresholds. Go here to find out the details on your zip code.
- Areas outside the delivery zone can still get service by courier for an additional fee. Since spud! doesn’t offer free delivery to my home, I’m planning to just have it delivered to a friend’s.
- The $50 for $25 is only available through Groupon, not the spud! website.
- The credit expires July 7, 2010 and cannot be combined with other spud! offers.
I checked out some of the products that spud! offers and was particularly excited about the huge assortment of local produce, dairy and meat. They carry Noris Dairy (their dairy is minimally pasteurized and I’ve heard their chocolate milk and butter are absolutely delicious) and Thundering Hooves and Noris beef (happy cows).
This is a fantastic opportunity to try out incredibly high quality local, organic “real food” at a great price! No coupons required! This offer ends Wednesday at midnight.
Thanks, Small Steps Backwards!
This post may contain affiliate links. See the disclosure policy for more information.