Diestel Turkeys are the main turkey New Seasons sells. Diestel Ranch turkeys are raised on an all-vegetarian feed that’s milled right on the ranch. The birds are never given antibiotics, growth stimulants or animal by-products. Diestel turkeys are allowed to grow and develop at their natural rate. The turkeys are processed on the ranch and delivered directly to New Seasons Market.
- Fresh Free Range Turkey — $1.99 lb
- Fresh Free Range Petite Turkey — $2.29/lb
- Fresh Certified Organic Turkey — $3.29/lb
- Certified Organic Heirloom Turkey (previously frozen) — $3.99/lb
- Fresh Free Range Bone-in Breast — $5.29/lb
- Fresh Free Range Boneless Breast — $6.59/lb
- Fresh Free Range Light/Dark Roast — $5.29/lb
- Organic Bone-in Breast (previously frozen) — $7.59/lb
- Organic Boneless Breast (previously frozen) — $9.59/lb
New Seasons also offers Specialty Turkeys, Specialty Poultry and Hams. You can place your order in the store, by phone (503-473-8695) or online at www.NewSeasonsMarket.com.
Trader Joe’s House brand All Natural Turkeys are raised on farms in Minnesota, Pennsylvania, and California. All birds are “grade A”, minimally processed with no artificial ingredients, never receive antibiotics or growth hormones and raised on a diet of 100% vegetarian feed. All Trader Joe’s Turkeys come brined.
- Trader Joe’s All Natural, Brined, Fresh Young Turkey (12-22 pounds) — $1.99/lb
- Trader Joe’s Glatt Kosher, All Natural, Fresh Young Turkeys (12-16 pounds) — $2.49/lb
Whole Foods offers a range of birds from their “value turkey” to Kosher birds and Heritage breeds. They guarantee that no matter the source of the turkey they sell, all birds are raised with the following three standards: no antibiotics, no supplemental growth hormones, no animal by-products in the feed. Whole Foods suppliers also do not add any injections or solutions while processing the turkeys (except for a pure sea salt solution for those turkeys labeled “brined”).
- Whole Foods Market Whole Turkey (8-24 ponds) — $1.99/lb
- Mary’s Organic Whole Turkey (8-24 pounds) — $3.29/lb
- Heidi Organic Petite Turkey (6-10 pounds) — $3.79/ lb.
- Heritage Whole Turkey (7-20+ pounds) — $4.99/lb
- Kosher Valley Whole Turkey (10-20 pounds) — $5.49/lb
- Diestel Natural Petite Whole Turkey (6-10 pounds) — $2.79/lb
Whole Foods also offers “pre-roasted” cooked turkeys.
You can place your order in the store or online at www.wholefoodsmarket.com.
Information online about the source of Safeway’s organic turkeys was not available.
- O Organics Whole Frozen Turkey (9-16 pounds) — $2.79/lb
This post may contain affiliate links. See the disclosure policy for more information.