We receive a great number of questions regarding Safeway’s coupon policy. I have found a few links from Safeway’s website that may be helpful as you “play” Safeway. I have noted the important information contained in the policy. I suggest you print off each policy and keep it in your coupon organizer to politely use if you have any problems.
Making Sense of Store Coupons — what does “minimum $20 purchase required” mean?
- you must “spend” a minimum of $20 on that trip
- the minimum purchase amount is based upon total purchases before your Club Card discount is applied (the item’s regular price — before coupon & before Club Card discounts, not the discounted price)
- you only need to make the $20 minimum once, regardless of how many Safeway store coupons you use in one transaction
This policy does not mention how cashiers are to handle manufacturer’s coupons when figuring out if you hit the $20 minimum.
- internet printable coupons are accepted
- printables for “FREE” product will not be accepted
- BOGO printables are accepted
- coupons for more than 50% of a product’s value will not be accepted
- printables that are distorted or blurry will not be accepted
If you find other links from Safeway concerning their coupon policy, be sure to pass them along!
This post may contain affiliate links. See the disclosure policy for more information.