It’s coming. The big weekend — time to take advantage of all the overlapping deals running at Safeway!
- $10/$50 purchase coupon
- Kohl’s catalina promotion
- FREE breakfast items coupons
- Home For The Holidays (HFTH) Catalina promotion
- Safeway Super Coupons
- Mix & Match Cereal Sale
Several people have commented in the past that they do not take advantage of the $10/$50 coupon or Super Coupon deals because they never spend that much money at Safeway. I totally understand, especially if you’re used to shopping at WinCo for the bulk of your groceries.
Here are some ideas on what you can purchase to hit your target amount without being forced to pay more than you’re used to:
- Buy meat, dairy & produce — Safeway’s prices are pretty competitive on perishable items and many believe their selection to be of a higher quality. Look especially for clearanced meat. Freeze it if you’re not planning to use it right away.
- Do the Huggies diaper deal — now you have almost $29 going towards your $50 total buying something many of you have to buy anyway:
Huggies Box Diapers on sale $27.99 with Super Coupon
Buy 1 Box = $27.99
Buy 1 Jumbo Pack of Newborn or Overnites = $9.99
Use (2) $2/1 coupons
Use $3/2 Cellfire eCoupon
Use $1.50/1 Shortcuts coupon
Use 2 Safeway doubles (-$1)
$28.48 after coupons & doubles = 17.8 cents/each size 4
- Buy toilet paper, feminine products or pet food — an easy way to get to the target amount on items that are more difficult to get for free. Check out the Cottonelle and Kotex deals running until Sunday.
- Do a Glade candle deal — it’s a moneymaker when coupled with the SC Johnson $5 rebate.
- Do a Home For The Holidays deal — The $5 catalina and $10/$50 coupon should more than make up for the higher prices. You can also just buy the great deals, like the Betty Crocker Cake Mix & Frosting deal, Gold Medal Flour, Breyers and Progresso Broth. That’s my plan.
- Do a couple of Mix & Match Cereal deals (limit 20) — this is a great opportunity to stock up on your favs!
My plan is to hit Safeway early tomorrow. I’ll post my loot as soon as I can. I may need a wide-angle lens.
For more ideas, check out my previous post on getting the most out of your Food Day coupons.
This post may contain affiliate links. See the disclosure policy for more information.