I was just as bummed as anyone to see the $10/$50 coupon replaced with it’s ugly stepsister $10/$75 this month. I had so many high value coupons that made things free I decided to do it anyway. To think what I could have done with a $10/$50 coupon.
Here’s what I bought:
(3) Ocean Spray Sparkling on sale $2
(3) Kingford Charcoal (15.7 lbs) on sale $5.99 with weekly ad coupon
(1) Scott Flushable Wipes on sale $2.79
(1) Quilted Northern on sale $5 (Thursday only)
(1) Pantene Shampoo (12.6 oz) on sale $3.99
(3) Pert Plus (Trial Size) on sale $1.25
(6) Simply Lemonade with Raspberry (13.5 oz) on sale $1
(5) Simply Orange (13.5 oz) on sale $1
(16) Squiggles on sale $.50
(4) SunRype Fruit Strips on sale $.33
(2) Whole Chickens on sale $.79/lb ($7.13 total)
(1) 10 lb Box Pork SpareRibs on sale $9.90 with weekly ad coupon
$10/$75 Safeway purchase coupon from Tuesday’s Food Day Section
(3) $1.50/1 Ocean Spray coupon from Safeway MDA coupon book
(3) $3/1 Kingsford coupons from Safeway MDA coupon book
(1) $2/1 Scott coupon (Catalina found in the trash can, oh yes I did)
(1) $2/1 Quilted Northern Safeway eCoupon
(1) FREE Pantene coupon (expired offer)
(3) $1.50/1 Pert coupon from Safeway MDA coupon book
(6) $1/1 Simply Lemonade coupons
(5) $1/1 Simply Orange coupons
(8) BOGO Squiggles coupons (zip 90210, these have reset!)
(2) BOGO SunRype Fruit Strips coupons (zip 90210)
Total Spent: $21.98
The meat alone is worth $16! I’m pretty excited I was able to do so much with a lame $10/$75 coupon!
New to couponing? Check out the Ultimate Guide to Couponing here.
Most of these deals use a Safeway double coupon, which is available at Oregon & SW Washington (Wahkiakum, Cowlitz, Clark, Skamania & Klickitat Counties) Safeways only. You can double up to 4 manufacturer’s coupons per transaction, up to $.50 each. The double coupon is found in the weekly ad at the bottom of the middle page and look’s like this:
This post may contain affiliate links. See the disclosure policy for more information.