Just a quick reminder that Thursday (12/15) is the last day to drop your donations off for The Christmas Tree Project. Please make sure everything is at one of the following locations by tonight (note the closing times of the businesses):
- Vancouver: Coffee Revolution at 709 NE 136th (open until 5 pm)
- Camas: Coffee Revolution at 2008 SE 8th Ave (open until 4 pm)
- NW Portland (Hwy 26): Subway at 14740 NW Cornell
- Beaverton: Subway at 10725 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy
- Gresham/Outer SE Portland: A reader’s home at 17915 SE Kelly, 97236
- Clackamas: A reader’s home at 13846 SE 139th Ave, 97015
- Milwaukie: A reader’s home at 12970 Se La Cresta Drive, 97222
You can still participate in the project in the following ways (remember, everything needs to be in by Thursday night!):
1. Donate food, household and toiletry items and school supplies from your stockpile or Christmas gift wrap.
2. Donate toys, books, games, puzzles, stocking stuffers, etc. from your toy stockpile or buy some.
3. Donate diapers and baby wipes. (all sizes are needed and appreciated).
3. Pay a utility bill. 42 out of 44 families who applied asked for help paying a utility bill. This is such a stressor in these families’ lives. If you’d like to help in this very practical way, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll send you a family’s account information so you can pay it directly.
If we have extra items, we will donate them to The Salvation Army, The Sunshine Division and Pregnancy Resource Centers.
This post may contain affiliate links. See the disclosure policy for more information.