Walmart has turned the Black Friday world upside-down this year with their new Pre-Black Friday Event that starts Friday, November 22, 2013. I anticipate that online retailers, such as Amazon, Toys ‘R Us, Best Buy, and Target will respond by lowering their prices early as well. Just another reason to subscribe to our special Christmas Deals email newsletter so you don’t miss a great deal on something on your Christmas list.
Here’s what to expect from Walmart this week:
Walmart’s Pre-Black Friday Event
Starting at 8:00 am on Friday, November 22, Walmart will kick off a pre-Black Friday savings event in stores and at Walmart.com, lowering the prices on popular toys and electronics, to match select Black Friday offers from Target, Toys R’ Us, and Best Buy one week early. This means that many items you want to purchase next week will be available at the same price before Thanksgiving.
We don’t know for sure all the items that will be on sale at Black Friday prices, but Walmart did release a couple of examples:
- LeapPad 2 – $39.99
- Little Tikes Cozy Coupe – $34.99
- Nerf Rebelle Crossbow – $11.99
- Select board games – $5
- Hot Wheels Single Car – $.60
- Lalaloopsy Hair Doll — $27
- LG 50-inch HDTV – $448
- Skylanders and Infinity Starter Packs – $37
- Select PS4 and Xbox One Video Games such as NBA 2K14 and Battlefield 4 – $49
Obviously, supplies are limited and they won’t be giving out rainchecks. I believe these deals will be available at Walmart.com as well as in the store starting at 5:00 am Friday (as the deals should go live at 8:00 am Eastern).
Find out more about Walmart’s Pre-Black Friday Sale event here. Check out the Walmart ad here. Please note that the ad pictures select items that will be on sale — more will be on sale than is listed.
Walmart’s Christmas Ad Match Policy
If you purchase an item at Walmart or Walmart.com between November 1 and December 24, and then later find a lower price advertised in a local brick-and-mortar store on the identical item, you can get the difference on a Walmart gift card with a couple of exceptions.
- If you purchased the item in a Walmart store, just bring your Walmart receipt and the competitor’s ad into your local Walmart and get the difference on a Walmart gift card
- If you purchased the item at Walmart.com, you need to email email@example.com and they will send you the difference on a Walmart eGift card. Include the following info in your email: the Walmart.com order confirmation number and the item name for the requested match, the competitor item price, the name of the competing retailer, the store ZIP code, the ad date range, and the page number featuring the item within the ad.
Here are some qualifications and exclusions to the Christmas Ad Match policy:
- Excludes Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday ads (so you can’t purchase an item today that Toys ‘R Us has on a Black Friday sale and then get the difference)
- Valid on local brick and mortar stores, not online retailers (so you can’t Ad Match an Amazon or Target.com deal)
- Competing deal must be offered in the same zip code as the “ship-to” address on the Walmart purchase (so you can’t ad match a chain on the east coast)
- Does not apply to percentage off discounts, offers that include a gift card, or purchases to get a free item, so nothing fancy
- You must submit your request while the competitor’s ad is current, not after the sales cycle is finished
Find more info about Walmart’s Christmas Ad Match Policy here. Please read through that page as I have not listed every restriction on this offer.
Phew. Guess “Black Friday” starts tomorrow :). The good thing about Walmart’s move is that it is entirely possible to get most, if not all, your Christmas shopping finished before Thanksgiving morning. Again, make sure you keep current on all the Christmas gift buying craziness by following Frugal Living NW!
This post may contain affiliate links. See the disclosure policy for more information.