Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Deals 2020
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is phasing in their shopping availability, based on your Rewards status (find your status here). Ambassadors can start shopping August 7th, Influencers start shopping August 10th and all card members can start shopping August 13th.
If you don’t have a Nordstrom credit card, you can apply for one today and start shopping on the 13th. If you don’t want to apply for a card, the sale opens to the general public on August 19th!
Make sure you check out our previous #nsale highlight posts so you don’t miss anything:
- How to shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
- What your teen girl wants from the Anniversary Sale
- 10 must-have items from the Anniversary Sale
If you know all about the sale and how it works and when to buy and how to buy and JUST WANT TO GET TO THE DEALS ALREADY, we’ve provided these handy links below to help you jump to the category you are looking for! And please note, we are continuously updating this post!
Absolute favorite MUST HAVE items
New Nordstrom Anniversary Sale favorites
Favorite Nordstrom basic tees
Favorite Nordstrom cardigans
Favorite Nordstrom denim options
Favorite Nordstrom casual/athleisure wear
Favorite Nordstrom booties
Favorite Nordstrom knee high/over the knee boots
Favorite Nordstrom sneaker options
Favorite Nordstrom light jackets
Favorite Nordstrom sweaters
Favorite Nordstrom outerwear options
Favorite Nordstrom shapewear options
Favorite Nordstrom purses and totes
Quick #nsale Reminders
- FREE shipping (no minimum order) and FREE returns by mail or to your local Nordstrom.
- Popular items will sell out during the Early Access Sale, so buy what you think you want in several sizes NOW and return what you don’t end up wanting later.
- If you can’t shop just yet, add items to your wish list so you can easily move them to your cart when you can shop!
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Facebook Group
Over the past few years, we have had so much fun in our Anniversary Sale Facebook group!
We will be emailing our favorite deals and posting on the blog, but the Facebook group is for up to the minute deals AND a chance for you to share what you are looking for so we can help you find specific items.
Natori Feathers Underwire Bra — $39.90 + FREE shipping ($68 after sale)
Natori is almost everyone’s favorite bra and it only goes on sale during the Anniversary Sale. Super comfortable and you almost forget you’re wearing it. It’s perfect! Comes in five colors. If you don’t believe me, maybe you can believe the 4.5 stars it gets out of 3.1K reviewers.
These are the two bras that I actually purchased for myself after getting fitted in store last year:
Natori Flora Underwire Bra on sale $41.90 ($70 after sale)
This is what I got in place of the Feathers. I like how the lace lays super flat in the front, but also the back up to the clasp basically felt like I wasn’t wearing anything. So light and comfy and just a great overall fit.
Natori Bliss Perfection Bra on sale $39.90 ($66 after sale)
This is more of a t-shirt bra with a little fuller coverage and no lace. But again with the crazy lightweight, super comfy back. I got several more of the Caslon basic tees this year and this will be perfect underneath!
Zella ‘Live In’ High Waist Leggings — $38.90 + FREE shipping ($59 after sale)
These things are amazing. The quality is fantastic and they hold their shape really, really well. They are on the thicker side so they won’t wear out and they are warm. They are crazy comfortable, well made and have the perfect fabric. They are stretchy, but not thin. They are flexible, but stay put.
They keep everything tucked in, no slippage in the rear when you are working out (or just bending over) and give a beautiful silhouette to your figure.
Love, love, LOVE them. I wear these almost exclusively when I dress up, with boots and a sweater in the winter or a nice tank and my TOMS Wedge Booties when it’s a little warmer out. Really versatile!
For size reference, I am 5’8″ and 185 pounds and I wear a medium. If you’re concerned, buy both sizes you think you might be and return one.
Honestly, some colors and styles will go on sale throughout the year, but the Anniversary Sale is generally the only time to get solid colors this cheap. Or have all the sizes in stock at the sale price.
Olukai Wehi ‘Ohana Flip Flops — $46.90 + FREE shipping ($70 after sale) – Six colors available online. FLNW reader Lisa emailed me about these flip-flops and I thought a bunch of you would find her recommendation helpful!
“As someone who cannot do shoes without support, these are amazing flops. They give the comfort/support of a sturdy sandal with the ease of a flip flop and they have a bunch of cute colors included in the sale.”
Also available for men. My husband bought these last year and said they are AMAZING. If you’re in need of something with a bit more arch support, these are on the spendier side, but so worth it.
Caslon Rounded V-Neck Tee — $12.90 + FREE shipping ($25 after sale) – I live in basic tees and every year, Nordstrom releases a new one that quickly becomes my favorite. This Caslon tee was my FAVORITE from the last two years after trying on approximately one hundred. I own in pink, gray, white and black and it is THE BEST. Buy all the colors and thank me later. True to size.
I do find that in some of the lighter colors, I need to replace them at the end of the year. And they are on the thinner side, so if any of my animals come near me, they can easily snag a hole. But for under $13, I still think they’re wildly worth it.
Hanky Panky Regular Rise Lace Thong — $16.90 + FREE shipping ($22 after sale) – I buy a few pairs of these every sale (and throw out any that I have that are ready to go, ha!) and they are my absolute fave. No panty lines, super comfortable and wash and wear really well. I just commit to this one style and replace when I need to, instead of trying lots of different options. I know exactly what I’m pulling out of the drawer every morning!
- Caslon Turtleneck Sweater just $34.90 + FREE shipping ($59 after sale) – This comes in TONS of colors and Caslon is a great brand. Soft chenille fabric would make this a great oversized sweater option for chillier days.
- Halogen Crewneck Cashmere Sweater — $57.90 + FREE shipping ($98 after sale) – Great cashmere option and super affordable! Comes in multiple colors.
- Halogen Crewneck Sweater — $28.90 + FREE shipping ($49 after sale) – Comes in multiple colors and love the detail on the arms! I would suggest sizing up if you want a more over-sized fit. Awesome price!
- Dreamers by Debut Oversize Sweater — $31.90 + FREE shipping ($49 after sale) – I bought a Dreamers sweater last year and it was my favorite purchase of the sale. SO SOFT and has really held up to multiple wears. Comes in four colors.
- 1.STATE Lattice V-Back Waffle Weave Sweater — $38.90 + FREE shipping ($69 after sale) – Love the oversize fit on this one and the lattice back gives it just enough extra detail to stand out. Comes in six colors!
- Gibson Cozy V-Neck Tunic — $33.90 + FREE shipping ($58 after sale) – My Gibson sweaters from the last two years are some of my absolute favorites in my closet! This is such a reasonable price and comes in six different colors. I find Gibson to run true to size, but went with a size up for a more over-sized fit.
- Caslon Bishop Sleeve Sweater — $34.90 + FREE shipping ($59 after sale) – Love this oversized fit sweater, with just enough extra details in the sleeves and shirttail hem to take it up a notch. Gets excellent reviews! With Caslon, it’s generally a good idea to size down.
Free People My Only Sunshine Sweater — $69.90 + FREE shipping ($108 after sale) – This gets great reviews and comes in four colors! Love the over-size fit and the chunky fabric makes it totally stand out.
- Caslon Long Sleeve Crewneck T-Shirt — $15.90 + FREE shipping ($29 after sale) – Such a fab price on a really great basic long-sleeve tee. I love anything with a center seam in the back, as it makes a basic shirt just that much more flattering. Comes in multiple colors.
- BP. All Day Tee — $11.90 + FREE shipping ($19 after sale) – Definitely a more relaxed fit than the Caslon I mentioned above and no pocket, but this tee gets great reviews and is super affordable.
Free People Arden Extra Long Cotton Top (VERY LIMITED SIZES) — $34.90 + FREE shipping ($58 after sale) – LOVE LOVE LOVE. Free People is always just so delightful and flowy and comfortable. This over-sized tee gets great reviews, comes in tons of colors and would be awesome over leggings or jeans.
- Free People FP Movement Moon Rising Long Sleeve Top — $39.90 + FREE shipping ($68 after sale) – FP Movement is new to the sale this year and they have several cute and comfy-looking items! This top has a twisted back, so super cute to wear with a bralette or over a cami.
- Madewell Kent Cardigan Sweater — $59.90 + FREE shipping ($98 after sale) – The Madewell Ryder cardi has been in the sale the last few years and sold out so quickly. This one looks similar and gets great reviews!
- Leith Cozy Long Cardigan — $39.90 + FREE shippingn ($69 after sale) – The Leith cardi is always a favorite, year after year! This one comes in 8 colors and is a nice affordable option.
- Nic+Zoe Book Club Open Cardigan — $79.90 + FREE shipping ($138 after sale) – This one is on the spendier side, but the button-cuff gives it the look of a blazer, so could definitely be worn to work! Comes in 3 colors.
- Halogen Open Front Pocket Cardigan — $45.90 + FREE shipping ($79 after sale) – This is a really great basic cardi option and comes in TONS of colors. Described as “cashmere kissed”. Gets great reviews!
- KUT from the Kloth ‘Diana’ Ab High Waist Skinny Jeans — $59.90 + FREE shipping ($89.50 after sale) – These are coming highly recommended from several bloggers and the Diana is always one of our faves. Love the flattened, slimming pockets. Super affordable option! All KUT from the Kloth on sale here.
- Wit & Wisdom Ab-solution Itty Bitty Bootcut Jeans — $49.90 + FREE shipping ($78 after sale) – Such a great brand! Slimming, flattering, great color and an AMAZING price. Find all W&W denim here.
- Madewell The Perfect Vintage High Waist Jeans — $84.90 + FREE shipping ($128 after sale) – Pretty classic high-waist jean with a great color. Also, please check out the description. “If your mom was a 90s supermodel”. Ha!
- Madewell Cali High Waist Demi Boot Jeans — $84.90 + FREE shipping ($128 after sale) – Love the mini flare on these and they have the exposed button fly!
- Paige Hoxton Skinny Jeans — $129.90 + FREE shipping ($189 after sale) – Great discount on a normally much spendier brand! Definitely worth trying on a few sizes to see how they fit.
Hudson Jeans Barbara High Waist Ankle Skinny Jeans — $129.90 + FREE shipping ($195 after sale) – Another fantastic discount on a great quality brand!
- GOOD AMERICAN Good Legs High Waist Raw Hem Skinny Jeans in Blue701 — $99.90 + FREE shipping ($159 after sale) – This is a steep discount for this brand, usually we see around 10-15% off at most. Lots of sizes available, up to size 24! These come highly rated from many of the fashion bloggers we follow.
- 7 FOR ALL MANKIND High Waist Ankle Skinny Jeans — $129.90 + FREE shipping ($199 after sale) – Definitely on the spendier side, but 7 is a great denim brand! Great dark wash.
Levi’s 501 Ripped High Waist Straight Leg Jeans — $63.90 + FREE shipping ($98 after sale) – LOVE THESE. Kind of a “mom jean” but not like “take me straight back to 90s high school” jean? rag & bone Nina High Waist Raw Hem Straight Leg Jeans — $149.90 + FREE shipping ($225 after sale) – This is such a fantastic price for this brand! Love the wash.
For the past few years, I have been wearing Articles of Society skinnies and LOVE them. Super stretchy and comfy and I can get 3-4 wears out of them before washing without them getting totally stretched out. The Articles of Society Distressed Sarah is less than $49!
I definitely recommend sizing down. I tried several sizes and settled on the 27 (size 4). I generally wear a 6-8 in jeans, but both of those felt stretched out after just wearing them around the house. The 27 feels snug when I put them on, but stretch to the perfect fit after walking around a little bit.
Zella Live In Jogger Pants — $38.90 + FREE shipping ($59 after sale) – These get fantastic reviews and are a nice affordable price for Zella. We’ve tried these on already and love them! If we’re going to be staying at home anyway, might as well be comfy.
- BP. Jogger Pants — $24.90 + FREE shipping ($39 after sale) – These are a great price and also get good reviews! The fit recommendation is to size down, but I stayed with my regular size to have a bit of an oversized, loungey fit. Comes in multiple colors and patterns!
- Nike Sportswear Knit Palazzo Pants – $39.90 + FREE shipping – I’m really excited about these! Look super comfy to lounge around the house in, but the oversized fit and pintuck creases add just a little bit more detail than a traditional sweatpant. (UPDATE: These are HUGE. Super comfy, but I can’t even imagine wearing them outside the house.)
- Sweaty Betty Power Workout 7/8 Leggings — $65.90 + FREE shipping ($100 after sale) – I tried on a pair of these last year and they were like buttah. Seriously. So amazing. But last year’s long legging was $100 and I just struggled to commit. This is a much more affordable price and I always love a 7/8 legging. Two patterns to choose from! (UPDATE — BUY THESE NOW)
- Vince Camuto Arendara Bootie — $79.90 + FREE shipping ($149.95 after sale) – Love the ankle cutout and low profile on this bootie. Comes in 3 colors.
- Blondo Valli 2.0 Waterproof Bootie just $69.90 + FREE shipping ($149.95 after sale) – This is a stinking FANTASTIC price for a quality brand and love that they are waterproof! Perfect if you live in a rainier climate. This style last year was almost $100! Comes in four colors and a wide version.
- Born Faywood Bootie — $99.90 + FREE shipping ($149.95 after sale) – I have never seen a Born bootie in the sale!! We usually see the taller calf boot. This brand is insanely comfortable. Worth every penny. And these low-profile booties have such a great classic feel.
- Lucky Brand Lilika Suede Bootie just $79.90 + FREE shipping ($139.95 after sale) – LOVE the style here (and all the colors!) and the block heel is such a classic shoe. I find Lucky to fit pretty true to size and are SUPER comfortable.
- Cole Haan Vania Half d’Orsay Pump — $89.90 + FREE shipping ($160 after sale) – I LOVE the low profile and block heel on these. A super sexy pump without the worry of toppling over on a tall skinny heel. And Cole Haan seriously makes some of the most comfortable shoes. Comes in three colors!
- Louise Et Cie Lenci Bootie — $99.90 + FREE shipping ($149.95 after sale) – The black/white fabric print is so amazing! Perfect ankle bootie for wearing with basically anything.
- Steve Madden Feather Genuine Calf Hair Loafer — $39.90 + FREE shipping ($91.95 after sale) – These get really fantastic reviews and are so affordable!
- Eileen Fisher Amos Knit Wedge Bootie — $149.90 + FREE shipping ($265 after sale) – The upper on this bootie is knit so they are super lightweight! These have such a great classic look.
- Frye Charlie Seam Boot just $249.90 + FREE shipping ($427.95 after sale) – Another HUGE sale on a great brand! I’ve seen Frye marked down around 10% off at Nordstrom before, so this is a pretty steep discount. Beautiful leather knee high boot, available in 3 different colors.
- Born Alize Double Zip Boot — $149.90 + FREE shipping ($249.95 after sale) – As I mentioned above, Born makes some of the most amazing boots I’ve ever tried on. I have two pairs and I find them to be pretty true to size. Available in five beautiful colors and in both regular/wide calf. Check the description for calf measurements before ordering.
- Ilse Jacobsen Tulip 139 Perforated Slip-On Sneaker — $54.90 + FREE shipping ($83.95) – These get amazing reviews and I’m told they rarely go on sale! Come in five different colors and are such a fun slip-on option. Seriously, reviews are amazing.
- Dr. Scholl’s Original Collection ‘Scout’ Slip-On Sneaker — $49.90 + FREE shipping ($79.95 after sale) – These also get great reviews and Dr. Scholl’s is a brand known for major comfort (although the brand makes me think of my grandparents). Comes in 3 great basic colors.
Nike Blazer Low SE Sneaker — $49.90 + FREE shipping ($75 after sale) – These are SO cute and both colors are super fun. Great price for Nike! And since there are no Converse Shoreline in the sale this year, I think this will be my go-to sneaker.
- Caslon Aidy Water Resistant Wedge Sneaker — $49.90 + FREE shipping ($99.95 after sale) – Love that these look like a bootie with the comfort of a sneaker! Super cute with skinny jeans or leggings. And such a great price for a water resistant option!
adidas Swift Run Sneaker — $49.90 + FREE shipping ($85 after sale) – This is an excellent, affordable option for a running shoe! If you’re a casual runner (or Covid has made you one because your gym closed), this would be a good option. Gets crazy good reviews!
- ASICS GEL-Kayano 26 Running Shoe — $99.90 + FREE shipping ($160 after sale) – This is a pricier option, but great discount for ASICS.
- Cole Haan GrandPro Spectator 2.0 Slip-On — $69.90 + FREE shipping ($130 after sale) – I tried on the Cole Haan sneaks from last year’s sale and they are CRAZY comfortable. The footbed is so cushiony and delightful. Love the sparkle snake print!
Vans Old Skool Platform Sneaker — $41.90 + FREE shipping ($69.95 after sale) – Vans were added to the sale about halfway through and we’re super excited about it! These were in the sale last year and sold out pretty quickly.
- Caslon Knit Blazer just $39.90 + FREE shipping ($69 after sale) – Comes in TONS of different colors, this blazer is kind of a must if you ever need to dress in anything resembling business casual. The knit material makes this less formal than a traditional blazer and infinitely more comfortable. Great price!
- Caslon Hooded Utility Jacket — $58.90 + FREE shipping ($99 after sale) – LOVE this utility jacket with removable hood. Also comes with an internal drawcord waist for a super flattering fit. Also comes in plus size!
- KUT from the Kloth Quilted Panel Faux Suede Moto Jacket — $76.90 + FREE shipping ($118 after sale) – Love this classic moto jacket! Comes in four different colors and has such a cool quilted shoulder detail.
- Zella Live In Performance Jacket — $49.90 + FREE shipping ($89 after sale) – I bought a similar jacket in last year’s sale, but had trouble with it pilling and returned. This version gets way better reviews! Most say to size up as the fits runs tighter.
The outerwear options from Pendleton this year are AMAZING. A few full trenches, a great raincoat, several shorter options. Prices are close to 50% off on several styles! This is a great time to pick up a solid fall/winter coat for this year.
UPDATE: The red jacket shown above is no longer available.
This Thread & Supply Wubbly Fleece Pullover sold out quickly last year! Super cute and a great wear for chilly nights. Comes in three colors and less than $50! Be sure to check out this super cute colorblock option available this year. Less than $50 and looks SO cozy.
LOVE this Sperry Saltwater Waterproof Rain Boot, priced at just $79.90 + FREE shipping ($119.95 after sale). They come in four colors and are perfect for rainy weather or that weird in-between snow time when everything is all slushy but not actually snowing. You know.
I would definitely order a size up if you want to wear with thick socks. I bought these last year and found them to be a great in-between option. Not a full rain boot and not a full snow boot. I wore them to a football game where it rained the ENTIRE time and my feet were definitely wet. I think these are a great option for when it’s just kind of crummy outside or you’ll be walking through an area that has just had some rain. Not when you’re standing outside for four hours in a downpour.
Spanx Thinstincts High Waist Mid Thigh Shaper Shorts — $35.90 + FREE shipping ($72 after sale) — Comes in either nude or black. These are perfect for form-fitting dresses and if you’re concerned about any sort of a muffin top because the top goes all the way to your bra line.
- Spanx OnCore High Waist Mid Thigh Shaper Shorts — $51.90 + FREE shipping ($78 after sale) — These are similar to the option above, but feature a super sold front panel and bonded sides. Definitely looks to be thicker than the Thinstincts (which I’m guessing is the reason for the name?).
Click here to check out everything in the sale. Keep in mind, if you don’t have a Nordstrom card, you will only be able to add to your wish list right now. Shipping and returns are always FREE.
This post may contain affiliate links. See the disclosure policy for more information.