Watch for the price on this FoodSaver FM3920 2-in-1 Vacuum Sealer to drop in price to around $120 – $125 on Amazon! We’ve seen it drop a few times in the past year, mostly around the summer months. You can also get a similar model at Costco for just $139.99. Watch for coupon deals at Costco on their model, we tend to see those every three months or so.
The Amazon model has the following:
- Handheld retractable sealer
- Dry/Moist and Quick Marinate mode
- Starter pack of vacuum seal bags
If you buy large amounts of produce or meat this is a fantastic way to preserve it.
If you are contemplating your first Foodsaver purchase, all I can say is JUST DO IT. I’m a fan of many years. You will recoup the purchase price over and over in food cost savings. Besides just buying in bulk and freezing or storing there are many ways to use it.
Here’s some of mine:
- Dry and freeze all my garden herbs.
- Turn all my tomatoes into sauce
- Pre-make microwave or “boil in bag” meals and sides.
- I even Foodsaver my holiday silver items. Anything small enough to fit in a bag and without sharp edges that would puncture. This keeps silver tarnish free for the next year. Score!
Looking for other ways to preserve food?
Looking for additional resources?
This post may contain affiliate links. See the disclosure policy for more information.