Oh man, nothing beats spring in the Pacific NW. Unless it’s summer. Or fall. Yep, fall is really great, too. I think most of us endure the Januarys and Februarys for the Aprils and Octobers.
My husband and I have been spending every spare sunny minute working in our yard and garden and on the eternal chicken coop project (more on that soon), but here are some recipes I will definitely be whipping up in the kitchen this month:
- Basic Fruit Muffins with Streusel – Are strawberries “in season”? Here are my two cents, along with a simple muffin recipe to use any seasonal fruit.
- Best Ever Strawberry Rhubarb Pie – Rhubarb is just coming into season. And this is one pie recipe where no rolling is required.
- Broccoli Gribiche – And how to cook perfect hard-boiled eggs
- Coconut Cupcakes (with Chocolate Bird Nests) – A perfect spring/Easter dessert
- Homemade Hamburger Buns – At the first 70+ degree day, my husband and I fired up our barbecue grill. Who wants to wait for July to grill burgers?
- Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic-Butter Sauce – Prices on asparagus have definitely gone up this year. Seems like around $1.69/lb. is about the best we’ll see.
This post may contain affiliate links. See the disclosure policy for more information.