I hinted about this yesterday on Facebook and I know some of you have been just waiting for the details!
My sister-in-law and brother-in-law are in the process of adopting an older child out of foster care and need to raise funds to make it happen quickly. To help them out, we are having a gigantic garage sale (actually it’s a “inside the house” sale)!
Saturday, November 12
9 am-3 pm
10944 NE Thompson St
We are selling tons of brand new and gently used items, including:
- baby & kids (Melissa & Doug, strollers, equipment, clothing, shoes, toys, accessories, bicycles, scooters, tricycles, sand box, electronic cars, puzzles, games, Lincoln Logs, train sets, costumes, clothing)
- maternity clothes
- books (adult, kids, homeschool, activity)
- furniture (tables, dresser, bookshelves, chairs, kids desk)
- kitchenware (cutlery, bakeware, kids stuff)
- linens (bedding, hand towels, crib bedding)
- appliances (espresso maker, griddle, blender, counter top oven)
- decorative items
- Christmas decorations (artificial Christmas tree, boxes and boxes of ornaments, garland)
- scrapbooking items, including new Creative Memories albums, page protectors, stickers,page protectors, refill pages, etc.
- dude stuff (tools, electronics, cords, building materials, a sink, drill press, ladders, step stools, wheelbarrow)
We are selling a large quantity of brand new items that you can use as Christmas gifts. These are recently purchased items in perfect condition (no dust covered albums from 1978). All these items are priced well below Amazon’s prices.
CASH ONLY — absolutely no checks will be accepted. We won’t be negotiating on prices until the afternoon, especially on the new items. We will not hold items. Early birds are welcome, but you will be chillin’ outside until the doors open at 9:00 am.
Bring your reusable shopping bags!
Some people were curious why my in-laws have to pay to adopt when you can adopt for free through DHS. The short version is that DHS has pushed pause on accepting new applications for one year, which means they would have to wait well over one year to adopt this child. They have chosen to go through a local, private adoption organization so it can be completed quickly. Obviously, there are more details to this and I have just enough information to mess the story up, but rest assured that they would be going the free route if they could get this child in their home in a timely manner. For the sake of this child who needs to be in a permanent adoptive home, we are working to pony up the cash.
This post may contain affiliate links. See the disclosure policy for more information.