Nintendo Switch Deals
The one question I’ve received the most as we lead up to Christmas is “WHERE CAN I FIND A NINTENDO SWITCH DEAL?”
The short answer? You can’t.
Well, that’s not entirely true. But most likely, we will not see any conventional sales on the Switch.
Why? Because Nintendo always sets the price on their hardware and which means they do not allow for conventional discounting. This goes for all of Nintendo’s game consoles: Nintendo Switch, Switch Lite, 3DS and 2DS XL.
So you the lowest price you’ll see on the Nintendo Switch is $299 and the Nintendo Switch Lite is $199. Period.
Now, KEEP READING, because you can still swing a deal on a Switch or Switch Lite.
We will see “incentive” promotions through the end of the holidays, meaning you’ll get a bonus or a freebie when you purchase the Nintendo Switch or Switch Lite for regular price.
Here are some possible “incentives” you could get when purchasing the Switch or Switch Lite during Black Friday sales:
Kohl’s Cash — during Black Friday & Cyber Monday it’s typically $15 for every $50 you spend
A gift card — most likely $20-$25 at Target or Fred Meyer if you’re in the Pacific Northwest
Equipment — something like a carrying case or headset
I’ll update this post when the Black Friday promotions roll out.
Here are additional strategies to potentially pay less on the Switch or Switch Lite
These ideas are your options if you need to purchase the Switch or Switch Lite before or after Black Friday week.
1. Buy the Nintendo Switch at Target or Target.com and use your Target REDcard. You’ll get 5% off the price, making the Switch $284.05 and the Lite $189.05. Sign up for a Target REDcard HERE.
2. Buy the Nintendo Switch at Costco or Costco.com and use your Executive Membership. You’ll get a 2% rebate on the purchase, making the Switch $293.02 and the Lite $195.02.
3. Buy the Nintendo Switch at Fred Meyer if you’re in the Pacific Northwest and use your Fred Meyer Rewards Card. You’ll get the quarterly Rewards rebate. Kind of lame, but better than nothing.
4. Buy the Nintendo Switch during a store promotion when you need to hit a purchase threshold to get a free product, an amount off your total, or some other perk. You won’t save money on the Switch, but you will easily meet the promotion’s requirements with the Switch purchase.
5. Buy the Nintendo Switch in a bundle. You should get the additional items at a moderate discount. This is a good strategy if you were planning to purchase the included game, controller, case, or headset anyway.
Want to know how you CAN save a bunch of money?
Buy Switch games and accessories when they go on sale!
Nintendo doesn’t hold the price on games so you should be able to get some good discounts in that department.
Several stores will have a handful of Switch games on sale during Black Friday Week as well as the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Amazon will definitely put Nintendo Switch games and accessories on their Deal of the Day sales at some point during the Christmas season. Target and Walmart should follow suit.
Also, if you’re in the Northwest, you should be able to use a Fred Meyer Savings Certificate to save on games and accessories. It’s typically $10 off $50 purchase, $20 off $100 purchase, $30 off $150 purchase. They should release the certificates 3-4 times between mid-November and Christmas Eve.
Make sure you’ve joined our FREE Christmas Deals Facebook group HERE so you don’t miss a single Nintendo Switch deal!
This post may contain affiliate links. See the disclosure policy for more information.
Leave a Reply