Nintendo Switch Deals
The one question I’ve received the most as we lead up to Christmas is “WHERE CAN I FIND A NINTENDO SWITCH DEAL?”
The short answer? You can’t.
Well, that’s not entirely true. But most likely, we will not see any conventional sales on the Switch.
Why? Because Nintendo usually sets the price on their hardware and this the Switch’s first Christmas which guarantees that they won’t allow discounting. (Same goes for the Nintendo 3DS and 2DS XL.)
So you the lowest price you’ll see on the Nintendo Switch is $299. Period.
BLACK FRIDAY EXCEPTION!
Buy the Nintendo Switch at Kohl’s during their big Black Friday sale and get Kohl’s Cash! It’s not a “discount” but you can turn around and spend the $90 on other stuff you need at Kohl’s during the redemption period which is after Black Friday weekend.
Nintendo Switch with Headset and Carrying Case — $329.99
Get $90 Kohl’s Cash
The only catch is that the Switch will most likely sell out so make sure you get online and purchase it at exactly 10:00 pm Pacific on Thursday, November 22 (Thanksgiving).
Don’t fret. You can still save some money when you buy a Switch.
But first, this is my most important piece of advice when it comes to the Switch:
Buy the Switch as quickly as you can.
I predict they will be completely sold out (or only available at a ridiculously inflated price on Amazon, eBay, or craigslist) by mid-December, especially the consoles with the Neon Blue and Red Joy controllers.
Now, on to the savings tips!
Here’s how you can (potentially) pay less than $299 for the Nintendo Switch:
2. Buy the Nintendo Switch at Costco or Costco.com and use your Executive Membership. You’ll get a 2% rebate on the $299 purchase, making the console $293.02.
3. Buy the Nintendo Switch at Fred Meyer if you’re in the Pacific Northwest and use your Fred Meyer Rewards Card. You’ll get the quarterly Rewards rebate. Kind of lame on it’s own, but better than nothing.
4. Buy the Nintendo Switch during a store promotion when you need to hit a purchase threshold to get a free product, an amount off your total, or some other perk. You won’t save money on the Switch, but you will easily meet the promotion’s requirements with the Switch purchase.
5. Buy the Nintendo Switch in a bundle. You should get the additional items at a moderate discount. This is a good strategy if you were planning to purchase the included game or controller or case anyway.
Want to know how you CAN save a bunch of money?
Buy Switch games and accessories when they go on sale!
Nintendo doesn’t hold the price on games so you should be able to get some good discounts in that department.
Several stores will have a handful of Switch games on sale during Black Friday, including:
(These ads are probably the 2017 — the pages will update with the 2018 ad when it’s leaked or released.)
Amazon will definitely put Nintendo Switch games and accessories on their Deal of the Day sales at some point during the Christmas season. Target and Walmart should follow suit.
Also, you should be able to use a Fred Meyer Savings Certificate to save on games and accessories. It’s typically $10 off $50 purchase, $20 off $100 purchase, $30 off $150 purchase. They should release the certificates 3-4 times between mid-November and Christmas Eve.
Make sure you’ve joined our FREE Christmas Deals Facebook group HERE so you don’t miss a single Nintendo Switch deal!
You like the Black Friday deals? Here are some more ads for you to check out!
- Kohl’s Black Friday Ad
- Game Stop Black Friday Ad
- Walmart Black Friday Ad
- Target Black Friday Ad
- Macy’s Black Friday Ad
- Costco Black Friday Ad
- Best Buy Black Friday Ad
- JCPenney Black Friday Ad
- Sears Black Friday Ad
- Staples Black Friday Ad
- Kmart Black Friday Ad
- True Value Black Friday Ad
- Ace Hardware Black Friday Ad
- Harbor Freight Black Friday Ad
- Rite Aid Black Friday Ad
- Dell Black Friday Ad
Find even more Black Friday ads here!
This post may contain affiliate links. See the disclosure policy for more information.