Do you hate planning and preparing dinner during the summer? I certainly do! We get home from a day-o-fun and I’m confronted with a houseful of starving people. Obviously, I have NOTHING planned, so we eat sandwiches or go out to eat which kills my budget.
This summer will be different because I’m going to be PREPARED.
And I’ve found the best time to get prepared is before the summer even starts which means BEFORE SCHOOL GETS OUT.
How does TWENTY-FIVE meals in the freezer, ready for you to simply thaw and throw in your slow cooker sound?
And let’s make it happen in less than three hours TOTAL.
Join me for the Stock-the-Freezer Summer Challenge from June 12 -16!
This is your chance to get 25 meals prepped, assembled, and in the freezer before school gets out for the summer.
Give me 2-3 hours of work and you’ll get twenty-five no-hassle, ready-to-throw-in-the-slow-cooker dinners that you can use on busy days, blazing hot, can’t-turn-the-oven-on days, or while you’re on vacation!
How will the Stock-the-Freezer Summer Challenge work?
It’s pretty simple. Every morning from June 12-16, we will assemble five freezer meals + make one dinner for that evening.
6 meals x 5 days = 30 meals
To make it super simple, we’ll be assembling the same meal each morning, so you’ll have five identical meals in your freezer for the summer + one to serve your family in the evening.
We will be using the Eat at Home Meal Plans for this challenge. The team at Eat at Home makes planning and executing a big freezer-meal extravaganza much easier. The recipes are all in one place and you get a detailed shopping list. All the planning is done for you!
Ready to get 30 meals prepped in one week?
Time to start planning to make this happen!
NOW – June 11 — Prepare!
Sign up for the Eat at Home Meal Plan Membership HERE. Use the code SAVE25 to get 25% off your membership. We will be using the June Slow Cooker Freezer Plan (week 3).
Order your boneless, skinless chicken breast from Zaycon HERE if you need chicken breast — We’re making 18 chicken breast meals which for my family is about 36 pounds of meat.
Chicken is coming to select locations in the Pacific Northwest the week of June 12. Use the code SAVE20 to get 20% off your entire order if you’re new to Zaycon Fresh.
Shop for your Challenge ingredients and supplies — I’ll be posting when I find specific ingredients on sale, so make sure you get your Eat at Home Meal Plan membership going so you can print off the grocery shopping list.
June 12 – 16 — Challenge Time!
Join me on the Frugal Living NW Facebook page to watch me assemble my morning’s meals LIVE + get dinner ready. Follow along with me OR assemble your meals when you have a chance during your day.
If you’re assembling the same meals like I am (1 recipe x 6), you should be finished in less than 30 minutes.
Sit back and relax because you have TWENTY-FIVE meals sitting in your freezer! That means you have at least TWO dinners prepared for every week this summer!
Here’s a quick list of items that I will be using to make my freezer meal assembly run smoothly:
- Permanent marker — to label bags
- Labels — if you are using my printable labels (these will be available as we get closer to the challenge)
- Gallon-sized freezer bags (25) — if you already have gallon-sized storage bags, you can double bag them to avoid freezer burn
- Slow cooker — use what you have. If you don’t have one yet, a 3-4 quart slow cooker will work for most households
- Cookie sheets — to flash-freeze your bags flat
- Bag holder — not necessary but certainly makes assembly cleaner!
What is the Eat at Home Meal Plan Service?
We are using the Eat at Home Meal Plans for this challenge. The team at Eat at Home makes planning and executing a big freezer-meal extravaganza much easier. The recipes are all in one place and you get a detailed shopping list. All the planning is done for you!
And you KNOW I scored you a deal! Use the code SAVE25 at checkout to get 25% off the meal plans, recipes, and grocery lists!
How Do the Eat at Home Meal Plans Work?
When you sign up for the plan (it’s just a few dollars per week — or less!), each month, you’ll get:
- An entire month of Traditional Menu Plans, including weekly grocery lists and printable recipe instructions
- An entire month of Slow Cooker Menu Plans, including weekly grocery lists and printable recipe instructions
- An entire month of Whole Food Menu Plans, including weekly grocery lists and printable recipe instructions
- Each menu plan comes with recipes created for small family (3-4 servings) and large family (6-8 servings)
- Color-coded grocery lists make it easy to swap out ingredients or whole meals
- Printable Menus to hang on the fridge or near your calendar, so you can easily see what’s for dinner that week and your family can too
- Access to the entire month at once!
- 1 Hour Freezer Stash Plans – a new plan each month to stock your freezer with 6 meals in 1 hour!
You can use the traditional menu plan, the slow cooker menu plan, or the whole foods menu plan OR you can use different plans each week OR make your own using recipes from all three plans.
This is truly the most flexible plan I’ve found!
You get all of this for as little as $1.21 per week when you sign up for the annual plan or $10.50 when you try out the service for one month when you use the code SAVE25 at checkout!