We will be continuously updating our HUGE list of current Amazon Prime Pantry deals, but we wanted to make things even simpler.
If you are the type of person who just wants to be told what to buy and when or if lists are just too overwhelming, we will be putting together a shopping scenario for you. We will tell you what to buy to fill up your box and maximize your shipping cost (or even how to get free shipping) and you can add or remove items as you need.
Our family spent Thanksgiving in Disneyland and in an effort to avoid paying an astronomical amount for snacks and drinks, I had an Amazon Prime Pantry order shipped directly to our hotel. I called first to confirm that this was okay, but they held it for us until we checked in!
This was an absolute lifesaver. We had water bottles and small snacks to take into the park for when our kids turned hangry. I constantly had jerky sticks, fruit snacks and Larabars in my purse. My oldest son is gluten-intolerant, so although we had a continental breakfast at our hotel, I bought a box of cereal that I knew was gluten free. We had chips, popcorn and peanuts to snack on at the hotel. We had mixers for the giant bottle of vodka we put in our luggage. I felt a bit like a genius.
I played around with what was in our box to get as close to 100% as possible for the box fill. We had a few factors that let us order so many snacks: We had 9 people in our group and we were checking bags, so could bring back most everything we didn’t eat (although we didn’t bring back much!). Depending on the details and logistics of your trip, your box will look different, but this will give you some good ideas.
For more information on Amazon Prime Pantry as a service and how to use it, check out our full list of deals.
Amazon Prime Pantry Scenario
5 qualifying items for automatic free shipping (full list here):
- (2) Planters Flavored Peanuts Chili Lime (6 oz) — $1.62 (1.2% of box)
- (2) Planters Peanuts Salted Caramel (6 oz) — $1.62 (1.8% of box)
- Chocolate Chex Cereal — $2.50 (2.4% of box)
Add the following additional items to fill up your box:
- Vermont Smoke & Cure Mini Meat Stick Go Pack Gluten Free Cracked Pepper (0.5 oz, 6 ct) — $4.99
- Vermont Smoke & Cure Mini Meat Stick Go Pack Gluten Free Uncured Pepperoni (0.5 oz, 6 ct) — $4.99
- Pop-Secret Homestyle Popcorn (10 ct) — $4.99 (5.6% of box)
- Good Thins Crackers Sweet Potato — $1.99 (0.8% of box)
- Coffee-mate Hazelnut Liquid Coffee Creamer (16 oz) — $1.99 (2.8% of box)
- Planters Dry Roasted Peanuts (34.5 oz) — $5.89 (5.6% of box)
- Nestle Pure Life Purified Water (8 oz, 24 ct) — $3.49 (31.4% of box)
- Larabar Gluten Free Snack Bar Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip (16 ct) — $17.33 (4% of box)
- Mott’s Medleys Fruit Flavored Snacks (24 ct) — $3.99 (3.2% of box)
- Tostitos Tortilla Chips Original Party Size — $3.56 (9.6% of box)
- Pace Chunky Salsa (64 oz) — $4.55 (9.6% of box)
- Food Should Taste Good Chips Cheddar — $2.37 (4.4% of box)
- Nestle Pure Life Exotics Sparkling Water Strawberry (8 ct) — $1.29 after coupon (14.8% of box)
Total spent: $70.40 + tax
Total box fill: Close to 100%
So we paid $70+ for snacks that would have cost us at least triple that in and around the park AND we saved the stress of having to track down snacks when the kids (or adults) were hungry. I was able to pull out snacks while we were standing in line, which was such a lifesaver. And a tiny time killer.
Click here for the full list of Amazon Prime Pantry deals to round out your shopping list.
Prices are subject to change at any time and without notice.
More ways to save at Amazon:
- Best Amazon Toy Deals — A monster list of the very best deals on toys, games, books, and more for kids of all ages
- FREE 30-day trial of Amazon Prime
- More Amazon deals
This post may contain affiliate links. See the disclosure policy for more information.