If you know all about the sale and how it works and when to buy and how to buy and JUST WANT TO GET TO THE DEALS ALREADY, we’ve provided these handy links below to help you jump to the category you are looking for!
Absolute favorite MUST HAVE items
New Nordstrom Anniversary Sale favorites
Favorite Nordstrom basic tees
Favorite Nordstrom cardigans
Favorite Nordstrom denim options
Favorite Nordstrom booties
Favorite Nordstrom knee high/over the knee boots
Favorite Nordstrom sneaker options
Favorite Nordstrom light jackets
Favorite Nordstrom sweaters
Favorite Nordstrom outerwear options
Favorite Nordstrom shapewear options
Favorite Nordstrom purses and totes
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Guide
Our favorite sale of the year is here! This is your chance to get brands and items that never go on sale for significant discounts before the season starts.
These are not last seasons’ styles! Many of the items on sale have limited quantities and sell out very quickly. Shop fast if you have items you can’t live without.
Today launches the Anniversary Sale Early Access that runs from July 13 to July 20 for all Nordstrom credit card holders. If you do not have a card, you can still view the sale items but you will not be able to purchase. For all non-card holders, you will be able to shop starting July 21. Or call your Mama who has a Nordstrom card and tell her the things you NEED.
You can also sign up, find out if you got approved instantly and start shopping. If you spend $100 on the day you were approved for the card, you get a $20 Nordstrom Note to spend on future purchases!
Don’t forget to sign up for the Nordstrom Rewards program! You will receive 2 points per net dollar spent and with every 2,000 points, you will receive a $20 Nordstrom Note to use on future purchases.
As always, all online orders have free shipping and returns with no minimum.
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Facebook Group
We are doing something new this year and have created an Anniversary Sale Facebook group!
We will be emailing our favorite deals and posting on the blog, but the Facebook group is for up to the minute deals AND a chance for you to share what you are looking for so we can help you find specific items.
But Nordstrom is EXPENSIVE!
Okay, I get it. Nordstrom’s prices are higher than Old Navy or Target. I understand.
But here’s the deal. I eventually got tired of buying super cheap clothes that barely lasted a few months and if they did, they were misshapen and stretched out after a few washes or the color faded. Generally, most everything Nordstrom sells is quality that will stand the test of time.
Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying there is anything wrong with buying from Old Navy or Target. They definitely have their time and place. But coming from a self-proclaimed shopping hater, I’d much rather shop once for a few quality pieces that will last than 172 times per year because my clothes keep wearing out. This sale is the best of both worlds: Great prices AND amazing quality.
Nordstrom also has THE MOST FANTASTIC CUSTOMER SERVICE ON THE PLANET. They have free shipping and returns on all purchases, so you can try on in the comfort of your own home if you prefer or easily shop if you are not near a store. They do price adjustments within two weeks of purchase. They will work with you on just about any return or exchange.
They have personal stylists and even in-store tailors if you need your clothes brought in or hemmed. The manager at Target yelled at me when I tried to return a pair of shorts WITH THE TAG ON. So sometimes I will pay a little more to absolutely know my service will be impeccable.
Natori Feathers Underwire Bra — $44.90 + FREE shipping ($68 after sale)
I fell in love with this bra several years ago at the sale and so when it went on sale again, I jumped with joy. I wish I could have it in every color. So super comfortable and you almost forget you’re wearing it. It’s perfect! Love everything Natori. It (almost) literally comes in one million colors and one million sizes. If you don’t believe me, maybe you can believe the 5 stars it gets out of 1106 reviewers.
You can also pick up the Natori Feathers Contour Underwire T-Back Bra for just $44.90 + FREE shipping ($68 after sale). Bralettes (or bras that are made to be seen) are very trendy right now, but don’t always offer a ton of support. This is the perfect solution to wear under a racer back tank or dress!
Check out all Natori bras and panties included in the sale.
Hanky Panky Regular Rise Thong — $14.90 + FREE shipping ($20/pair after sale)
These are the only underwear that I wear and this is the only time that they go on sale. I can not overstate how amazing these are and why you should have them in every color. It’s like wearing no underwear, they feel that good. And no panty lines! I buy four new pairs every year and throw out the holey ones. You literally feel like you’re wearing nothing at all, which is genius because I despise underwear approximately 98% of the time.
They are the best. I’m not kidding, THE BEST. After I had my two kids, I really struggled with wearing thong underwear like I did pre-kids. These were the first and only pair I’ve found that are comfortable.
Zella ‘Live In’ High Waist Leggings — $35.90 + FREE shipping ($54 after sale)
These things are amazing. The quality is fantastic and they hold their shape really, really well. They are on the thicker side so they won’t wear out and they are warm. They are crazy comfortable, well made and have the perfect fabric. They are stretchy, but not thin. They are flexible, but stay put.
I have not tried the high waist leggings yet, but I have friends that absolutely swear by them and will never go back to a regular waist. They keep everything tucked in, no slippage in the rear when you are working out (or just bending over) and give a beautiful silhouette to your figure.
Love, love, LOVE them. I wear the regular Live In Leggings (read: not high waisted) almost exclusively when I dress up, with boots and a sweater in the winter or a nice tank and my TOMS Wedge Booties when it’s a little warmer out. Really versatile!
For size reference, I am 5’8″ and 165 pounds and wear a SMALL. Not even kidding. If you’re concerned, buy both sizes you think you might be and return one.
Honestly, some colors and styles will go on sale throughout the year, but the Anniversary Sale is generally the only time to get solid colors this cheap. Or have all the sizes in stock at the sale price.
Available in both Black and Burgundy this year.
If you want the regular waist Zella Live In leggings, you can find them in Blue Clematis as part of the sale for just $33.90 + FREE shipping ($52 after sale). Check them out here in black, although not part of the sale.
Zella ‘Keep It Cool’ Crop Leggings — $31.90 + FREE shipping ($48 after sale)
Until I graduated to working out in shorts because my body gets to one bajillion degrees when I wear anything but a sports bra and spandex, these were the absolute only workout pants I would wear. I own about 7 pairs of their original Zella Live In Capri, in several different colors.
These are the most amazing workout pants. They are NOT see-through, but not so thick that you want to die from heat stroke. They stay put so you’re not messing with them throughout your entire workout. They are a great length. And the price is UNBEATABLE. This is the lowest they go all year unless we see some weird sort of freak clearance. Buy five pairs and thank me later.
Available in Black, Blue Clematis and Red Chili. The red is spectacular.
Check out all Zella included in the sale, so many great items this year!
kate spade new york Bright Idea Stud Earrings — $24.90 + FREE shipping ($38 after sale)
Okay, so these aren’t a tried and true favorite, but I have the kate spade Glitter Earrings from the last few years’ sales and they are my absolute FAVORITE. This year they have come out with the Bright Idea Studs and I love them just as much.
So many amazing colors to choose from and these are smaller than the full size glitter earrings (looks closer to the mini glitters from last year). They will pick up so many facets of light, so will go with EVERYTHING.
Also LOVE these for gift ideas!! So simple and so affordable.
- Dreamers by Debut Forward Seam Tunic Sweater just $29.90 + FREE shipping ($45 after sale) – Love the detail of the angled seams on this sweater, gives it bit of a dressier look. And AMAZING PRICE.
- Trouve Bateau Neck Sweater just $45.90 + FREE shipping ($69 after sale) – This might be my favorite sweater of the sale. The wide neck, the exposed seams, the split hem. All combined for a super flattering fit that would be so cute over jeans or leggings.
BP. Boatneck Rib Knit Pullover just $24.90 + FREE shipping ($39 after sale) – Love the oversize fit, perfect for lounging in leggings or running around town when it’s a little chilly outside. Three different colors to choose from.
- Halogen Cotton Blend Off the Shoulder Sweater just $49.90 + FREE shipping ($69 after sale) – Love that this is a slightly more casual off the shoulder sweater, not a big chunky option. Perfect for early Fall days and nights, where it’s not bitter cold yet and your shoulders haven’t lost all their color from the summer. Ha!
- Caslon Rounded V-Neck Tee just $17.90 + FREE shipping ($25 after sale) – I live in basic tees and every year, Nordstrom releases a new one that quickly becomes my favorite. This Caslon tee looks like it might be the one for me this year. I wear them with absolutely everything and under everything. Always size down with Caslon!
Lush Raw Edge Side Slit Tee just $15.90 + FREE shipping ($24 after sale) – Lush is hands down my favorite brand that Nordstrom sells. Relaxed, comfy, but trendy in a not crazy, overdone way. This is a funkier twist on your basic tee and would look super cute with jeans!
- Paige Lynnea Tee just $52.90 + FREE shipping ($80 after sale) – This is definitely on the spendier side, but is a rayon fabric instead of cotton so more of a dressy basic tee. Paige is a great brand and this tee looks like it could be a wardrobe staple. Machine wash with flat dry, so dry cleaning is not required!
Halogen Long Sleeve Knit Tunic just $24.90 + FREE shipping ($39 after sale) – Halogen is another great brand and I think this may be my basic long sleeve tee of the year! Love the high/low detail, perfect for leggings or jeans if you don’t necessarily want to show off what you’re working with. Tons of colors and great by itself or as a layering piece.
- BP. Pocket Tee just $18.90 + FREE shipping ($29 after sale) – If you want more of a V-neck style, this BP. tee is for you! I have a few long-sleeved tees from BP. and they are some of my favorites to wear. Love the pocket detail! Available in several colors.
I have the longer version in white and olive and I love it SO MUCH. It’s so flattering and so comfy, but dressy enough to make you feel fancy. Long enough that it covers any areas you don’t feel comfortable showing off. It’s the perfect shirt for fall, super cute over leggings or jeans.
BUT for those that are a little shorter (I’m 5’8″), this new version might be perfect! Or if you just like a little less fabric.
The BEST PART about this shirt is that I have not had to iron it. Not even once. I toss it in the washer and then hang dry and it looks great with every wear.
Seriously, the BEST SHIRT.
- Barefoot Dreams Cozychic Lite Coastal Hooded Cardigan just $75.90 + FREE shipping ($114 after sale) – THIS WILL SELL OUT. Literally like wearing a blanket without feeling like you’re wearing a blanket. Cozy, warm, snuggly, super cute with pockets. Is there anything better?
- Bobeau High/Low Fleece Cardigan just $31.90 + FREE shipping ($49 after sale) – If the Barefoot Dreams cardigan is a bit too spendy for your budget this year, consider the Bobeau fleece. Different material, very similar style. I have a few shawl-type sweaters from Bobeau that are AMAZING. Definitely size up as the shoulders/arms are a bit narrow.
- Halogen V-Neck Merino Wool Cardigan just $49.90 + FREE shipping ($79 after sale) – Fantastic price for wool and comes in TONS of different colors. Also, pockets. Because pockets are where it’s at.
BP. Lightweight Rib Stitch Cardigan just $31.90 + FREE shipping ($49 after sale) – This is a steal and comes in so many colors! Super cute when you need something lightweight instead of a full jacket, but also perfect for lounging around the house.
If you can get ahold of one of the Barefoot Dreams Circle Cardigans, I swear you won’t ever take it off. I put it on in the store with zero intention of leaving with it and then refused to take it off.
HEAVEN. So soft and so flattering with the fitted style. Actually gives me shape in the front AND the booty. WORTH EVERY PENNY.
The hooded style is in stock (link above), but check your store for the version without the hood.
- KUT from the Kloth ‘Diana’ Stretch Skinny Jeans just $59.90 + FREE shipping ($89.50 after sale) – These come in both regular and petite sizes and are an AWESOME value for a great brand! All KUT from the Kloth on sale here.
AG ‘The Legging’ Raw Hem Ankle Skinny Jeans just $149.90 + FREE shipping ($225 after sale) – Okay, I know this is a higher price point, but this is such a quality brand I had to share. Denim is definitely one of the areas worth spending a few extra bucks on and this is a great discount! I have been DYING for a pair of AG jeans.
- NYDJ Barbara Stretch Bootcut Jeans just $82.90 + FREE shipping ($124 after sale) – NYDJ makes such a great jean. Super flattering to all body types with an awesome slimming technology. These Barbara jeans are a high rise in a great dark wash. All NYDJ denim here.
Wit & Wisdom Ab-solution Itty Bitty Bootcut Jeans just $44.90 + FREE shipping ($68 after sale) – Such a great brand! Slimming, flattering, great color and an AMAZING price.
- Paige Hoxton High Waist Ankle Skinnies just $99.90 + FREE shipping ($189 after sale) – Almost 50% off a normally much spendier brand! Definitely worth trying on a few sizes to see how they fit. This is the biggest discount the brand is offering for the sale.
- Hudson Jeans Barbara High Waist Super Skinny Jeans just $99.90 + FREE shipping ($185 after sale) – Another top quality brand at almost 50% off! These are a beautiful dark indigo wash.
- Sam Edelman Merton Bootie just $99.90 + FREE shipping ($149.95 after sale) – Sam Edelman is one of my favorite shoe brands and this bootie has such a classic feel to it! Just a little bit of edgy detail, but not overly flashy. Super cute with jeans, but also great with a dress or skirt.
- Blondo Ida Waterproof Bootie just $99.90 + FREE shipping ($149.95 after sale) – This is such a great price for a quality brand and LOVE that they are waterproof! Perfect if you live in a rainier climate. Four different colors to choose from.
- Vince Camuto Francia Bootie just $99.90 + FREE shipping ($149.95 after sale) – Love the slim look of this bootie and the extra detail of the loop on the back. Vince Camuto is another fantastic, classic brand. Available in four great, neutral colors. One reviewer stated that because a little bit of ankle shows, it gives length to your legs.
- Hinge Barris Block Heel Bootie just $79.90 + FREE shipping ($119.95 after sale) – If you are looking for a lower heel (and a lower price point), this bootie from Hinge fits the bill! I have a pair from Hinge that I bought last year and they are super comfortable and SO cute. I am a pretty true 8.5 and had to go with a 9 as they were a bit narrower through the toe.
- TOMS Deia Block Heel Bootie just $64.90 + FREE shipping ($97.95 after sale) – LOVE this twist on a classic bootie with the tweed detail on the heel. I have two pairs of TOMS wedges and they are the most comfortable shoes I own. I can’t speak for this exact pair, but if they are TOMS quality, they will be awesome.
- Lucky Brand Brielley Perforated Bootie just $92.90 + FREE shipping ($138.95 after sale) – The zipper detail is super cute, but the asymmetrical line on the top of the bootie sends this one over the top. Available in three colors and with a low stacked heel, I imagine they are super comfortable.
- BP. Faren Bootie just $69.90 + FREE shipping ($99.95 after sale) – Similar to the Brielley bootie, but instead of the zipper detail, you get the cutout side notches AND the price point is way lower if you are looking to spend less than $100.
- Rag & Bone Margot Fringe Cap Toe Bootie on sale $329.90 + FREE shipping ($495 after sale) – I know, I know. So expensive. But I had to share these because I’ve seen them on several other fashion sites I follow and apparently they are the cutest and so super comfortable. The price is not for the faint of heart, but so worth it if you have a much larger budget for fashion.
These Born Felicia Knee High Boots might just be my absolute favorite item from the sale. I bought a pair of Born boots last year and they are like butter on my feet. So amazingly comfortable and they are such a classic style. They go with EVERYTHING. At just $159.90 + FREE shipping on a regular price of $239.95, these are a freaking steal.
They come in both wide and regular calf and four different colors. When I originally bought my boots, I bought in wide calf because I measured right at the edge of regular and wide and I had to return them. Err on the side of the smaller fit unless you feel like your calves are bigger than everyone else in the world.
The tie in the back is KILLING ME.
- Birkenstock Sarnia Boot just $119.90 + FREE shipping ($178.95 after sale) – This is the ONLY style that is on sale for Birkenstock. These are so super cute, come in 3 different colors and the signature Birkenstock insole. Great price!
- Halogen Scarlett Over the Knee Boot just $119.90 + FREE shipping ($189.95 after sale) – My favorite over the knee boot from the sale and it just happens to be the least expensive! Love the classic, no frills style and the slit back (behind the knee) makes for the perfect custom fit, no matter the size of your legs. Two colors available!
- Frye Melissa Seam Boot just $246.90 + FREE shipping ($397.95 after sale) – Another HUGE sale on a great brand! I’ve seen Frye marked down around 10% off at Nordstrom before, so this is a pretty steep discount. Beautiful leather knee high boot, available in 3 different colors.
Vans Old Skool Sneaker just $39.90 + FREE shipping ($59.5 after sale) – Available in both pink and brown (called Wild Dove? Ha!). LOVE the classic look of this sneaker. Super cute with skinny jeans or shorts.
- Caslon Camden Sneaker just $59.90 + FREE shipping ($89.95 after sale) – The toe cap gives these a menswear-inspired look and gives them a little extra funk and fancy over a traditional sneaker. The grey suede is really interesting with the silver toe cap! Angela bought these and reports they are AMAZING!
- Caslon Knit Blazer just $39.90 + FREE shipping ($59 after sale) – Comes in TONS of different colors and available in both regular and petite, this blazer is kind of a must if you ever need to dress in anything resembling business casual. The knit material makes this less formal than a traditional blazer and infinitely more comfortable. Great price!
- Bernardo Mixed Media Faux Leather Jacket just $59.90 + FREE shipping ($89 after sale) – Love the mixed media detail on this (faux leather with woven panels), gives it a fun edgy look. And the color will go with SO much.
- Caslon Utility Vest just $49.90 + FREE shipping ($79 after sale) – I snagged this one! LOVE the comfort and warmth without the bulk of a sweatshirt, perfect for Fall nights where it hasn’t gotten too chilly or layered under a jacket. Great for traveling when you don’t want something bulky, but need pockets for carrying your phone, small wallet, etc.
Thread & Supply Beecher Hooded Raincoat just $38.90 + FREE shipping ($59 after sale) – Great price for a basic but stylish raincoat! Definitely not going to work in the dead of winter in a down pour, but perfect for drizzly days, rainy baseball or football games or anything outdoorsy in the Fall season.
- Caslon Swing Back Raincoat just $99.90 + FREE shipping ($149 after sale) – Super cute lightweight raincoat with a hood and drawstring at the waist for a slight gather. Love the longer length!
- The North Face Resolve Plus Waterproof Jacket just $69.90 + FREE shipping ($99 after sale) – Fantastic price for a more durable, waterproof (not water RESISTANT) jacket! Four great colors to choose from and a hidden hood!
- Pendleton Roslyn Waterproof Lambswool Blend Hooded Coat just $229.90 + FREE shipping ($345 after sale) – Such a classic style that will last for a LONG time. Made from lambswool blended with nylon, for a durable, waterproof and beautiful jacket.
- Spanx Higher Power Mid-Thigh Shaping Shorts for $24.90 + FREE shipping ($38 after sale) — Comes in regular and plus sizes in three colors. These are perfect for form-fitting dresses and if you’re concerned about any sort of a muffin top because the top goes all the way to your bra line.
- Spanx Power Short Mid Thigh Shaper for $23.90 + FREE shipping ($36 after sale) — Comes in regular and plus sizes in three colors. These are the same as the $24.90 option but stop at your waist.
- Yummie Ultralight Seamless Shaping Shorts for $12.90 + FREE shipping ($18 after sale) — Get these if you wear skirts and dresses and want to solve the sweating between the thighs/chaffing problem. Plus they will smooth your side chub out a bit (but not nearly as much as Spanx or other more substantial shapewear).
- BP. Stripe Faux Leather Clutch just $22.90 + FREE shipping ($35 after sale) – LOVE the gold detail on this clutch, perfect for an evening out when you don’t want a full purse. There is a handle on one side to put your hand through so you can hold it more securely. Also available in neutral colors for everyday use!
- BP. Faux Leather Crossbody Bag just $29.90 + FREE shipping ($45 after sale) – Such a great size and fit for when you need to be hands free, but need to be fancier than a backpack. Ha! And PLEASE check out the inner lining when you click over.
- BP. Faux Leather Tote just $35.90 + FREE shipping ($55 after sale) – BP. is knocking it out of the park! Plenty of space in this tote for when you need more than just a clutch or crossbody. Would be great to carry extra kid paraphernalia, a laptop, snacks, books or a notebook. So many possibilities!
- BP. Faux Leather Braided Handle Tote just $35.90 + FREE shipping ($55 after sale) – Available in both brown and beige. Slightly smaller than the tote above, but still a great size if you need something a little larger than a clutch. LOVE the tassel detail.
Click here to check out everything in the sale. Keep in mind, if you don’t have a Nordstrom card, you will only be able to add to your wish list right now. Shipping and returns are always FREE.
Stay tuned for upcoming posts on our favorite high-waisted pants from the sale, beauty products, favorites under $50 and much more!
LOOKING FOR MORE?
- Top shoe deals from the 2017 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
- First time shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?
If you are new to Nordstrom shopping or need a refresher, check out our Ultimate Guide to Shopping Nordstrom on a Budget.
This post may contain affiliate links. See the disclosure policy for more information.