Welcome to December! I promise I won’t gush about how it’s the most wonderful time of the year or slip in one single Elf line. But just know that I’m humming White Christmas as I type.
Black Friday (week) ushers in a whirlwind of advertising and shopping. It is so easy to slip into Herd Mentality Spending. I wrote this exactly three years ago today, but I find I need to be reminded of it every single year. I am trying to wrap up my shopping as early as possible this month so I can focus on creating intentional space for special memories with my family instead.
Here are some of our favorite holiday recipes and activities to hep you stay on a budget, while still having a warm, full holiday season. Enjoy!
Favorite Baking Recipes
- Almond Roca
- Chewy Chocolate Almond Cookies (gluten-free)
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Chocolate Whoopie Pies – add some peppermint extract or crushed candy canes for a tasty holiday twist
- Gingerbread Cookies (roll & cut)
- Mocha Cookies
- Monster Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cups (gluten & dairy-free)
- Sugar Cookies (roll & cut)
- Whole Wheat Shortbread Cookies
Favorite Holiday Activities
- Decorating for Christmas using simple, inexpensive items
- 8 Easy & inexpensive ways to decorate for Christmas
- DIY: How to make a holiday wreath
- Pacific Northwest Family Fun Guide
- 25 Easy Advent Activities
This post may contain affiliate links. See the disclosure policy for more information.